real time web analytics
Question - - Opinions on pin collecting? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Opinions on pin collecting?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Grumbly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not really a pin collector, just pin when I find and remove when I'm done. Seen lots of mixed opinions on pin collecting on this site, what's everyone personal opinion and why?

Grumbly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's wrong to move pins the same as moving other items. Removing pins is no less theft than removing other items.

My mum had a good pin collection. Lots of lace bobbins too.
Feeling very called out, you have shown me the error of my ways. I need too make some phone calls and return some pins...

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not really a pin collector, just pin when I find and remove when I'm done. Seen lots of mixed opinions on pin collecting on this site, what's everyone personal opinion and why?

Not sure what u mean really. pins = places, I aim to have as many as poss so as I can visit any area & have a pretty good chance of a few successful explores. I cant understand anyone going "we are going to go & do x place" & not having any backups if they cant get in etc.

Organising pins is a different issue, I have "want to go" then change to "favourite" when done, I DONT remove em because I will end up finding them on google & pinning them again forgetting Iv been!
I try to add labels & notes so I know what the pin is for example I may put "hospital watch for security", my mate dosent label anything & its a bit of a nightmare, we are often going places that he wont have a clue what it is till we get there.
I also use the orange star for anything that is demolished etc

Grumbly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not sure what u mean really. pins = places, I aim to have as many as poss so as I can visit any area & have a pretty good chance of a few successful explores. I cant understand anyone going "we are going to go & do x place" & not having any backups if they cant get in etc.

Organising pins is a different issue, I have "want to go" then change to "favourite" when done, I DONT remove em because I will end up finding them on google & pinning them again forgetting Iv been!
I try to add labels & notes so I know what the pin is for example I may put "hospital watch for security", my mate dosent label anything & its a bit of a nightmare, we are often going places that he wont have a clue what it is till we get there.
I also use the orange star for anything that is demolished etc
I love the way you organise yours! I might nab the idea of keeping explored ones. I have mine organised as UNKNOWN (RESIDENTIAL/INDUSTRIAL,MILITARY etc.), or if I know the name it'll be ---- (RESIDENTIAL). Any I find that look suspiciously abandoned but not sure if it actually is are tagged with ----- (UNCONFIRMED). I don't really visit those incase I end up entering some poor old persons house while they're out. Do you have any good pin storing site recommendations? I use google earth, it has a little description box when you put a pin down and if there's anything interesting about it i pop it in haha.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I just pin what interests me really. It seems sometimes it can be a competition on how many pins people can get, no matter what it is. Funnily enough I did a pic off my collection of pins the other night

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I love the way you organise yours! I might nab the idea of keeping explored ones. I have mine organised as UNKNOWN (RESIDENTIAL/INDUSTRIAL,MILITARY etc.), or if I know the name it'll be ---- (RESIDENTIAL). Any I find that look suspiciously abandoned but not sure if it actually is are tagged with ----- (UNCONFIRMED). I don't really visit those incase I end up entering some poor old persons house while they're out. Do you have any good pin storing site recommendations? I use google earth, it has a little description box when you put a pin down and if there's anything interesting about it i pop it in haha.

I think the only way of pinning is on google though I have memory map OS mapping software which I can pin on to.
You can loose them all if google crashes which is worrying, what I do on comp is copy all the list of pins & paste them in a word doc. worst case then if u loose everything u can copy & paste the coords back into google. Fortunately thi only happened to me once years back before I really had many

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I used to have a really complex system for the map I've collated over the last decade or so. But now it's a simple two colour system of places I've been and places I haven't been.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I think the only way of pinning is on google though I have memory map OS mapping software which I can pin on to.
You can loose them all if google crashes which is worrying, what I do on comp is copy all the list of pins & paste them in a word doc. worst case then if u loose everything u can copy & paste the coords back into google. Fortunately thi only happened to me once years back before I really had many

Google maps you create are stored and backed up on Google Drive now to stop that happening, you can also import them into Google Earth too.