real time web analytics
Report - - Ouvrage Latiremont - August 2023 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ouvrage Latiremont - August 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First report - Ouvrage Latiremont

Per Wikipedia: Ouvrage Latiremont is a gros ouvrage of the Maginot Line, located in the Fortified Sector of the Crusnes, sub-sector of Arrancy. It lies between the gros ouvrage Fermont and the petit ouvrage Mauvais Bois, facing Belgium. The village of Doncourt-Cités is nearby. Latiremont was active in 1939-1940, coming under direct attack in late June 1940. It surrendered to German forces on 27 June. After renovations during the Cold War, it was abandoned.

We went this last weekend. Not too difficult to find.

IMG_4685.jpeg

IMG_4691.jpeg

This is the munitions enterance. There’s some barbed wire fence to get around on the out perimeter but the front door is open.

IMG_4704.jpeg

IMG_4702.jpeg

IMG_4709.jpeg

IMG_4721.jpeg

IMG_4738.jpeg

IMG_4741.jpeg

IMG_4743.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4753.jpeg

IMG_4750.jpeg

IMG_4758.jpeg

IMG_4760.jpeg

IMG_4767.jpeg

925C84DF-6EB8-44F4-B21B-94472A9F12F5.jpeg

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I realize I might have put this in the wrong forum. (If this belongs in European and International, please feel free to move it mods)

Also a few more pictures:
IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

IMG_4723.jpeg

The_Raw

Staff member
I realize I might have put this in the wrong forum. (If this belongs in European and International, please feel free to move it mods)
Cheers. I've moved it for you. There seems to be a lot more spray paint down there than I remember 🤔

Last edited:

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would have liked to visit with less graffiti but enjoyable nonetheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grom

Camera Drowner
Regular User
It's a very cool place! Nicely done! The size of it is hard to get your head round until you actually spend a few hours inside. Km's of tunnels.

PfalzAlarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wanna go just to see that door, it looks like something I would make from mechano as a kid lol
Lots of great blast doors down there. I have some better video of some of the doors and opening/closing them but not sure there is an easy way to post that here.