real time web analytics
Report - - Oxford road tower crane Manchester- may 2015 | High Stuff | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Oxford road tower crane Manchester- may 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mr pink

building magician!
28DL Full Member
Attempted this (or i think a very similar one close to this location) a few days ago. It was between two new high story flats. They were very well lit and little cctv cameras pointing in every direction. Vary small site office (size or portaloo). Finally found I viable entry point (looked like somebody had attempted before). Site office was about 30m away but visible. Climbed wall and was about to drop into site when security officer exited the box and looked directly at me. Dropped back into the street and walked off. Must have been watching us scout the site out from the cctv.

There is another crane quite nearby in a northerly direction. Small site and quite exposed crane (early stages of building). Site offices on other site of road. However the crane was not lit. Same cctv system so we decided to give it a miss. Would be interested if anyone makes it up these.

yes pal they seem to have stepped up security not long after we went.the route we took into the site avoided cameras but was overlooked by student flat balconies but worked well..
I did one over near the cathederal arches a few months later what had pir activated cameras which I tripped a few times but after waiting and learning there was no response I did it anyway....
a good few reccies and a healthy dose of luck helps with these type of jobs.;)

Gone

Regular User
Attempted this (or i think a very similar one close to this location) a few days ago. It was between two new high story flats. They were very well lit and little cctv cameras pointing in every direction. Vary small site office (size or portaloo). Finally found I viable entry point (looked like somebody had attempted before). Site office was about 30m away but visible. Climbed wall and was about to drop into site when security officer exited the box and looked directly at me. Dropped back into the street and walked off. Must have been watching us scout the site out from the cctv.

There is another crane quite nearby in a northerly direction. Small site and quite exposed crane (early stages of building). Site offices on other site of road. However the crane was not lit. Same cctv system so we decided to give it a miss. Would be interested if anyone makes it up these.

you'll make it up, try again.

stonemonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
sorry.... just trolling through past reports........... does anyone know if this is completed yet?
and if anyones done it recently?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's due for completion in late 2016 according to the council website.
I passed through Oxford Road station a week ago and I saw 2 very tall red cranes, im 99% sure they're the one's on the Cambridge Road site.

A bit of info on the buildings for anyone else interested:
http://goo.gl/dLYr6z

This was taken in March 2016, so im 99% sure the crane was the one I saw.
http://goo.gl/BRJZB2

Im also curious to know if the crane had an anti-climb cage on it when you climbed it. It has a large yellow one on it at the moment although it does look like there is a large enough gap for a skinny explorer to get through it on the edges. @stonemonkey

Last edited:

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Seem to remember it was squeeze round the side jobby. Defo had a hatch... and I tend to remember the exposed climb around affairs.

Was a doddle anyway, probably still is.

Reactions: 313

stonemonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seem to remember it was squeeze round the side jobby. Defo had a hatch... and I tend to remember the exposed climb around affairs.

Was a doddle anyway, probably still is.

Defo remember the squeeze!
My first ever crane this..... I remember ladders going up for a very long time. Had to stop for a rest about halfway aswell.
Fantastic evenings entertainment this!

Reactions: 313

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Nope it's off a traveler's blog.

Very true, but what I'm saying is... that it's a render. Those towers haven't been built yet. It's a building site.

There's a big blue crane there at the moment.

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very true, but what I'm saying is... that it's a render. Those towers haven't been built yet. It's a building site.

There's a big blue crane there at the moment.

My bad mate, it looked very real!

MrGlasses

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos :Not Worthy, don't think i could do it my fear of heights i would be crapping my self