real time web analytics
Report - - Palace Hotel & Clocktower, Manchester - Aug/Sept. 2016 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Palace Hotel & Clocktower, Manchester - Aug/Sept. 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Palace

zx2kwx.jpg

Had good fun with this one, can't decide if two 16-year-olds in shorts blagging the doorman was better than @Moose getting past the doorman in joggers but it was a laugh both times. Got up the first tower no problem and then ended up in the clocktower a month later with a group we met down a mine; got shat on by pigeons both times.

The Refuge Assurance Company occupied the building until 1987 and in 1996 it was converted to a hotel by Richard Newman. It is now the Palace Hotel, owned and operated by the Principal Hayley Group. The first phase of this Grade II listed red brick and terracotta building was designed for the Refuge Assurance Company by Alfred Waterhouse and was built between 1891 and 1895. It was extended in 1910 and included a 217-foot-high clocktower, before being further extended in 1932.

2evaj9v.jpg

2d8ffpw.jpg

29363954783_8b6e11fccb_z.jpg

333bfxx.jpg

2m5e44i.jpg

etunwj.jpg

29362857424_821aa87804_z.jpg

jl3v5g.jpg

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They are getting rid of the red 'Palace' letters soon as part of the re-branding.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Good effort mate and some decent shots.

Any of the clock movement (as opposed to the dial)?

Bolts

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good effort mate and some decent shots.

Any of the clock movement (as opposed to the dial)?
Unfortunately not, the group we were with wanted to head over to the arches before it went dark and there was some retarded pigeon flapping around inside the box - will no doubt be going back so I'll get some then :)