real time web analytics
Photoshoots with models | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Photoshoots with models

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tigger

mog
Regular User
Why isn't it relevant to 28DL? It's in an abandoned/derelict location which I've explored before... I always thought the corridors would look amazing as a background to a model shoot so went ahead and did it.
I have many other pics which do tell a bit of a story, just posted one as an example because I didn't want to spam the forum up with them.
My post was purely to see if anyone else had tried something like this, was interested to see examples.

For me it was a cool shoot, I have a few pics I really like but I don't think I will be doing it again, just going to stick to exploring places and doing photo reports, most places are interesting enough on their own without needing a person in the pics

It's a photo of a model who is in a scruffy corridor. Maybe one of the others would have been a better example?

In terms of of other people's examples then look at the bulletin board I mentioned (and others like it) as you are talking about photography and art not 'urban exploration'.

You said "most places are interesting enough on their own without needing a person in the pics"....so find a way to incorporate people that adds to the scene rather than just trying to cram two subjects into a single image.

I think you exploring your photography is great. Trying different things is a very good way of improving technique and good fun too. If you have chosen not to do it again then that's fine but I'd probably think about differtent locations and how to make the model a part of the location or making viewers question what they see ....explore more!

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Well done for trying something different. Remember The wonderful thing about Tigger is not just the song but many have written about him. I like this paragraph - "Tigger notably prides himself on being the only "Tigger" in existence. This title has given him quite an ego, and he considers himself significantly handsome, debonair, the "greatest bouncer" in the Hundred Acre Wood. Such egotism is never meant to be malicious, but it often drives Tigger to act without much consideration toward others and it often frustrates people". I like your reports and pictures,

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe this is a better example? With this one i was going more for a scared women thinking about getting away perhaps? Anyway, i appreciate all your input

wm_DSC_0690.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Why isn't it relevant to 28DL? It's in an abandoned/derelict location which I've explored before... I always thought the corridors would look amazing as a background to a model shoot so went ahead and did it.
I have many other pics which do tell a bit of a story, just posted one as an example because I didn't want to spam the forum up with them.
My post was purely to see if anyone else had tried something like this, was interested to see examples.

For me it was a cool shoot, I have a few pics I really like but I don't think I will be doing it again, just going to stick to exploring places and doing photo reports, most places are interesting enough on their own without needing a person in the pics

Because derelict building doesn't equal urban exploration. Taking photos of models is fine but it's nothing to do with exploring other than that you may happen to bump into somone doing it while exploring.

Tread carefully as as soon as you stop being an explorer and start being 'a model photographer' who's seemingly here to ponce 'locations' for 'shoots' you will find you start getting a very frosty reception from explorers.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It's interesting how it seems a woman who gets naked in a model shot for the 'page three shot' thread gets a slobbering reception from everyone but a photo of a clothed woman in an abandoned corridor is somehow not acceptable?

I'm confused, as there seems to be some double standards on display here. I think we can all accept and agree that model photography =/= 'urban exploration' photography but for everyone to slobber all over photos of a naked or topless woman in an explore but then get all uppity when someone takes a photo of someone fully clothed is a bit hypocritical.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I don’t think there’s any double standards going on at all. Comments like that incite arguments in my opinion. Important points to consider...

1) Page3 shots thread was started as a laugh.

2) 28DL is an urban exploring forum.

3) OPs pics are great.

4) Model photography is more suited to a photography forum like TalkPhotography or whatever it’s called.

The line was drawn on this years ago I feel. Models in abandoned buildings isn’t anything new.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The page 3 section is quite specific and also quite a unique category that has run almost from day 1 on here. This is something entirely different though and I’m not about to endorse a ‘models’ section as it’s simply not exploring.

One could argue the toss all day that page 3 isn’t either, however it’s something that’s just become part of the furniture, accept it!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I think we are forgetting the page 3 thread is mostly chubby men too lol lol lol lol

That's kind of my point though.

It's a sausagefest but there have been a few ladies in there posting either self portrait nude model shots or professionally taken art nude shots in abandoned buildings, and they get a rapturous reception from the mostly male audience here, and it seems fine in there but the examples of a model shot here have been vilified.

As I said above we can all agree that model photography is not urbex photography, the two are very different beasts but there is a distinct difference in attitudes on display in this thread and the page 3 thread - which may well have been started as a joke but it's taken quite seriously now it seems!

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Because derelict building doesn't equal urban exploration. Taking photos of models is fine but it's nothing to do with exploring other than that you may happen to bump into somone doing it while exploring.

Tread carefully as as soon as you stop being an explorer and start being 'a model photographer' who's seemingly here to ponce 'locations' for 'shoots' you will find you start getting a very frosty reception from explorers.

Thats a bit offensive to be honest...if you check my posts you will see I have plenty of my own locations and not here to ponce anything!

I also posted this in the General section just to see if there was anyone else who had tried this before, I haven't once tried to blow my own trumpet or anything so I don't know why some people seem to of got a bit funny over this thread.

I've been on here a while and think of myself as a contributor with many reports and many photos simply of the location, I love exploring and finding out the history of the places, Im completely in my element in the peace and quiet of a decaying wreck lol
Don't know why I can't enjoy different types of photography too, I don't know why it's such a crime to ask if anyone else does, like mookster said there are other types of posts on here that are apparently OK, but this one isn't?!

mockney reject

Staff member
maybe read the whole sentance rathe than just take the part you assumed was an accusation. it wasnt it was advice

"Tread carefully as as soon as you stop being an explorer and start being 'a model photographer' who's seemingly here to ponce 'locations' for 'shoots' you will find you start getting a very frosty reception from explorers. "

The you being people in general and not YOU as in you personally :)

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Exactly. Theres been many a member on here that has rocked the boat by using the forum as a location scouting service for thier photography hobby. Just dont want you to end up being tarred with the same brush and finding yourself ousted.. theres plenty of us who are photographers AND urban explorers. Sometimes people have trouble understanding the two hobbies are not the same thing.

Who has read this thread (Total: 259) View details