real time web analytics
Report - - Pilkingtons HQUK Canteen, St. Helens | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pilkingtons HQUK Canteen, St. Helens

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY- The canteen for the new pilkingtons HQ was opened in august 1965 , it was a very large canteen that had to cater for the 1,500 employees based at the st helens HQ , the site also had a dentist , chiropidist , opticians, hairdressing salon and a library and company musuem on the site !
The landscaped grounds were built with a reservoir and fountain for the diners to enjoy snd csme complete with a pair of swans.

In more recent times the pilkingtons site has been used more as a filming location as interest in office spaces for rent dwindle away . reports in the liverpool echo and st helens star , BBC , ITV, NETFLIX have used the site upto now ! peaky blinders and even one of the marvel films with SAMUAL L JACKSON has made use of the site !

pilk 23.JPG

pilk 27.JPG

pilk 29.JPG

pilk 17.JPG

pilk 23.JPG

pilk 27.JPG

pilk 29.JPG

pilk 1.JPG

pilk 2.JPG

pilk 3.JPG

pilk 4.JPG

pilk 5.JPG

pilk 6.JPG

pilk 7.JPG

pilk 8.JPG

pilk 9.JPG

pilk 10.JPG

pilk 11.JPG

pilk 12.JPG

pilk 13.JPG

pilk 14.JPG

pilk 15.JPG

pilk 17.JPG

pilk 18.JPG

pilk 19.JPG

pilk 20.JPG

pilk 21.JPG

pilk 22.JPG

pilk 24.JPG

pilk 25.JPG

pilk 26.JPG

pilk 28.JPG

pilk 30.JPG

THE VISIT- I had come across this place whilst i was helping my missus move to her new temporary office at the old pilkingtins HQ building, me being me !...i had to have a good nose around the site and came across the abandoned canteen building , it is from there i planned to come back !....weeks later i came back and did a quick recce of the place !
The next day i was up early as usual to attend the gym , when i noticed how foggy it was... i thought "sod the gym " , so i grabbed my big torch n dslr camera with a 10 -22mm wide angled lens and headed for st helens before the rising sun would burn the fog away !

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What an epic office! Lucky workers having that pond and garden to stroll around on there lunch break..

For those who are curious there is nothing really 'hidden' in the tower per-say, in fact its disappointingly a bit modern (although of course there is hidden older attributes to hunt out).

There new headquarters, if that's what you want to call it, down the road nr Ormskirk was also very disappointing, almost all modern even the testing bays!

I had a poke around them when I was in town one day. Most of the tower is working but from memory there are a few floors that aren't. Maybe I should dig my photos out?!

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What an epic office! Lucky workers having that pond and garden to stroll around on there lunch break..

For those who are curious there is nothing really 'hidden' in the tower per-say, in fact its disappointingly a bit modern (although of course there is hidden older attributes to hunt out).

There new headquarters, if that's what you want to call it, down the road nr Ormskirk was also very disappointing, almost all modern even the testing bays!

I had a poke around them when I was in town one day. Most of the tower is working but from memory there are a few floors that aren't. Maybe I should dig my photos out?!
dig them pics out !