real time web analytics
Report - - Plant Nursery - Stratford-upon-Avon - April 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Plant Nursery - Stratford-upon-Avon - April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I bumped into this one completely accidentally whilst attempting to get into a derelict house in the same area's garden to look for an access point! No idea at all for the history, as I've search for over an hour with no hope of any information on it at all.

This place was incredible, and undoubtedly my best explore yet. Everything just left as it was, and only a few windows had been smashed in one office.

This is the outside of the main building that housed one of the two main rooms.
RNYEEtVzA6vV6FypdjpD79eueZ7L94FUcqQuIXOoElkCjJCgWpBGK9YTNdrvcXa87oR9vrqT73dKvOCdcw=w1425-h950-no.jpg

This was the room that I enjoyed the most, because it was the most pristine, without a hint of graffiti anywhere.
G_eWfIdV-uNROM893Gx1JFcAgP7DVmuiR0FN2ZtE3fx3z5bGiomnHSN3fMnZf7ydUAoTfB7GDLK0kMztAg=w1425-h950-no.jpg

This was one of the cupboards in that room. As you can see, all the plates etc were left just as they used to be, and none had been smashed.
zB6IFeB8qGEuzfrWVfCgsJFQ_gqGv5eHDujT3p4Fj5ZFdkFNuma0BgMnDbkomRw4YE8ukJxsEDRR1qljsw=w1425-h950-no.jpg

A jar of Typhoo instant white tea. I didn't dare open it, as it had been there for over 8 years, but it was amazing to see it all there because, as I'm sure you'll all agree, places aren't usually this pristine in England for more than a couple weeks after their abandonment.
UdGQjKT5wVQZYuB-Pp5O4uP4tlHNQq-kAMAZGJbqwYB7UT7fSrrpGdKZOWNvbUc0UIvxTtHxFfyx33Y8XA=w1425-h950-no.jpg

Old TV left, again with no damage.
FzBJiLdVgIxD3dSnMpWqUVGTl-rPa13C_SBH3MBUM-M8tQwfVt0kZj4YD6-JPKc5gGNfzQvS4nOWAeS8mQ=w1238-h950-no.jpg

Here there's a sink and cleaning equipment. Thinking back, I never actually tested to see if the water still worked, but I doubt it would have, as this placed closed in 2009 say all the calendars.
zHVZ1WmsVtuRRpn_w2vGtJRwYGaFIzr7PNYTSI3LkGtHVjox7m7ppbNzQ3ebipaG0IVkL68uw2nhXbPnrg=w1425-h950-no.jpg

It's not particularly interesting, but this is what lead me to believe that this is a Plant Nursery because there were a few of these scattered around. They were all empty inside apart from empty shelves.
B-veyY9i--06XprEVPFMgnDL7TxMDLFhCKz4fU9gBbI8zz_dddQ78JkzBo_obbA9DHgrxawjx4kMzrUUuw=w1425-h950-no.jpg

The following pictures are of the second main room that looked much like an office to me:
* I want to apologise in advance for the black arcs at the bottom of the photos. My flash kept catching on my lens hood, and I didn't realise until I got home. Sorry about that one :/ *

Found these floppy disks scattered around the place. Hadn't seen these in a while haha!
ftzjEUPyxEcYqL6JMupu2iqNW0wBvumIHmlffe8vumSeUXqdxQUB5ld9eE7iyeYVn9dUlrPh8w0AiBb3aA=w1425-h950-no.jpg

Found an old print in here. Unfortunately no floppy disks readers were to be found though haha!
_04QvyqbGgSLhxsXt4ZMe2MNNuBiyXHTqx9Sbr-QoC3BgwPQI0cU4DCyNcGL1gTLw-vywfDuSmaEygiwFA=w1425-h950-no.jpg

Fairly old home phone that I found here. I still can't get over the fact that they've not been wrecked yet.
656m31y_c3O66z4qwTfoqlfRrBYosr0CUVlbQvqz6m_I4OrhFm33B6pbF0p4ok8csbI6ZRSXYLimqHSlBQ=w1425-h950-no.jpg

Inspirational quotes anyone?
JZ1-GgxFBpk70MqZJFmGpkWKEpBXT4QLCV8HtALTOKYnoybthDkHGXa9vVvdSITD1Jl1Qk_gG8DgEShFXQ=w1425-h950-no.jpg

Here's the second desk in this building. I accidentally left my mic on the table in the bottom left hand corner, sorry about that one haha!
uJI9UsH0aRIZOuWtt8Jd8REriw4GfeDSn-XaLAeuh0-gR5JD8XWhE25uExJJQFbVNhX2G7VraIV4ocASDQ=w1425-h950-no.jpg

A nice note left on the notice board for the 'Works Department'.
R9dvgEjwrEGhIiSY85jtKxCxmjaTi2Lgp1XcPPcHH6rqLKDtA6Ep64zfhqtXJm8mwefPStQjuW0JofXxdA=w1425-h950-no.jpg

As I said, this isn't the most pristine building out of the two in the Plant Nursery, as you can see by these beaten up shelves.

Chest of drawers here with bits of paper in them here and there.
aU6zoBWdQcpiU-ymuDUGJDm1zzoSX9Azk07bEcntO9_ajXAbXB5Nz5pktdHapQYIIxhGdHNRbSYBqHf_hQ=w1425-h950-no.jpg

I apologise for making this report so long, but I just had to fit in all of those photos because it's such an amazing place.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you in the next one ;)

Last edited:

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Interesting, from the outside it looks ore like a village school
Some of your photos aren't showing mate, have a go at editing them :thumb
Also you have to put a location in the title - Warwickshire is far too vague, it needs the nearest town or village - and a name if you've got one.

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Interesting, from the outside it looks ore like a village school
Some of your photos aren't showing mate, have a go at editing them :thumb
Also you have to put a location in the title - Warwickshire is far too vague, it needs the nearest town or village - and a name if you've got one.
Sorry mate, didn't realise my links weren't quite working correctly, I'll fiddle about with them. Sorry about the title, I'll change it now. I thought you had to put an area, but it didn't say in the prefix before you type anything so I didn't. It's only my third report so I'm just attempting things here and there, hope it wasn't too bad haha!

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I've not actually changed the links, but today I'm able to view the images perfectly fine, though last night I couldn't. It would be much appriciated if you could tell me if you can view the images now. Thanks a lot

koypo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
im guessing this is dudfields nursery in shottery? which of course is earmarked for demolition to make way for houses

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It's actually not in Shottery mate, but that dudfields place is a new one for me, never heard of the place. If you could drop me a message with the location that would be much appreciated, but obviously I don't mind if you want to keep it secret haha!

I actually couldn't find any history on this place at all, and I just guessed what it was because of the structure of the place. I also can't see that anyone else has explored here before I did!