real time web analytics
Report - - Pleasure Island/Garden Festival Site UPDATE, Liverpool. March 2010. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pleasure Island/Garden Festival Site UPDATE, Liverpool. March 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

manic28_am

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Following my my previous explore, I decided to return with the knowledge that work has been taking place on site for the last month or so. No longer can I compare the perimeter fence to a sieve. Access not half as easy, however a walk around will always identify something. After a scramble, I was in. The redevelopment here aims to restore the oriental gardens and surrounding areas, to compliment a residential development due to begin on the remainder of the site when the "economic climate is right".

Synopsis of the sites history:
Previous to 1984 - Land was docks.
For 1984 Garden Festival - Docks filled in, landscaping, building dome.
Since 1984 - Short life as 'Pleasure Island' (It was amazing!). That closed around 1995. Remained abandoned since.
2006 - Festival dome demolished. :crazy
2010 - Work begins on restoration of gardens. About bloody time Liverpool City Council!

I thought I'd use some previous pictures and compare them to some recent ones to show the change taking place, as well as a load of new shots.

Personally, I can't wait to see this place sorted. One less place to explore...but it has been reported to death! Here's one more to throw into the mix. Yeah, sorry about that. And I do get the irony btw. ;)

February 2010
CIMG4784.jpg

April 2010
CIMG5372.jpg

February 2010
CIMG4798.jpg

April 2010
CIMG5361.jpg

CIMG5365.jpg

CIMG5366.jpg

CIMG5364.jpg

Other vielws on site: