real time web analytics
Report - - Pleasure Island - Cleethorpes - Dec 23 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pleasure Island - Cleethorpes - Dec 23

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sixtyten

28DL Member
28DL Member
Info

Pleasure Island was an amusement park in Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire that operated from 1993 to 2016 and before that it was a Zoo in the 70s. It offered many rides and attractions, some more extreme but most more family friendly, such as scenic train rides and sea-lion shows. I remember going there many years ago but even when it was operational, it never struck me as particularly exciting so far as theme parks go and it always felt a little bit run down.

In the present day, all of the rides have been removed from the site but all the fantasy middle-east themed buildings still remain. It's future is currently up in the air but it seems like the wheels are in motion for developments into luxury flats or a new hosing estate in the relatively near future.

Exploring

Myself and a visiting friend decided one afternoon that we should just go for it and try to get in. We'd just had snow and there was a thick fog covering the place so it was the perfect time to try and get in. Access required a bit of initial recce. A former access point I had identified had since been plugged but luckily, someway down the fence line, a new hole had been created. A bit of tight squeezing, barbed wire navigating and fence hopping later, we were in.

_NIK5051.jpg

_NIK5052.jpg
_NIK5054.jpg

Since the site has been abandoned for nearly 8 years, the place has been vandalised, however not quite as much as I would've expected. The graffiti artists have been particularly restrained with this one.

_NIK5055.jpg

_NIK5056.jpg

_NIK5059.jpg

_NIK5067.jpg

_NIK5069.jpg

Tent1.jpg

_NIK5070.jpg

_NIK5072.jpg

_NIK5076.jpg

_NIK5079.jpg

_NIK5087.jpg

_NIK5091.jpg

Unfortunately almost all of the buildings were sealed up tight but I managed to poke the camera through a couple holes to get some interior shots.

_NIK5092.jpg

_NIK5093.jpg

_NIK5097.jpg

_NIK5099.jpg

_NIK5107.jpg

_NIK5117.jpg

_NIK5113.jpg

_NIK5101.jpg

_NIK5102.jpg

_NIK5121.jpg

_NIK5124.jpg

_NIK5100.jpg

_NIK5126.jpg

_NIK5129.jpg

_NIK5134.jpg

Overall the explore was good fun and it was very strange walking around a place I had personal history with, seeing it left to rot.

Thanks for looking

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Fuck me that’s really gone to the dogs, I can barely recognise it :(

Nice report

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After its zoo days, it was a stock car track for a few years in the 80s which held the superstox world championship one year which i raced at, albeit in the support races. Never did find out why it finished and laid empty until the theme park was built, presumably.