real time web analytics
Report - - Plessey Club Beeston Rylands, Nottingham - 07-08-2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Plessey Club Beeston Rylands, Nottingham - 07-08-2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Alohomora

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Plessey club

"Plessey" was a big part of the Beeston Rylands community in Nottingham in its heyday. From my wife's families knowledge they believe Plessey to have opened about the 1940's time. It was mainly a social club for the residents of the Beeston Rylands community and was membership only. My mother in law describes the club as a holiday camp. Whole families would group together and spend every Friday and Saturday night at Plessey. There were separate rooms joined to the main bar area. The main hall had shows such as bands, bingo etc. They had a snug room which my mother in law describes as being for all the grandmas and grandads. She remembers that she was allowed to open the door and wave at her grandma but NEVER were any children allowed in. They had a children's room where the kids used to play. A snooker room with 4 full sized snooker tables. Upstairs there was table tennis ( now is a dance studio) and a 2 bedroom flat. They only modification to the original building is the main entrance was swapped to the back. The toilets are now where the original entrance would be. I have taken a roadside picture to show what this looks like now.

Plessey fell into disrepair and got a whole new rebrand as the new venture club. This rebrand wasn't successful and the club continued to decline. It was then decided to change the name back to Plessey and recently it started to become more popular. Due to re development of the adjoining business park, it was forced to close. This was opposed by the community who started a petition which was unsuccessful. Plessey closed its doors for the last time on 9th July 2016. It is now awaiting demolition which I'm lead to believe will happen any day now.

Hope you enjoy my photos! (Apologies for picture size and how many lol we had fun)

25c8e19fc10afbded9667b386e255ff5_zpstuk2dwae.gif

View attachment 693949
View attachment 693950
View attachment 693951
View attachment 693952
View attachment 693953
View attachment 693954
View attachment 693955
View attachment 693956
View attachment 693957
View attachment 693958
View attachment 693959
View attachment 693960
View attachment 693961
View attachment 693962
View attachment 693963
View attachment 693964
View attachment 693965
View attachment 693966
View attachment 693967
View attachment 693968
View attachment 693969

Enjoy :D hope you like the pictures guys

Last edited:

Alohomora

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Cool, my granddad used to work for British Ericsson / Plessey in the 60's and 70's and still lives just around the corner from here.

Alohomora

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cool, my granddad used to work for British Ericsson / Plessey in the 60's and 70's and still lives just around the corner from here.

Apparently everyone used to go their, my wife's family was always there lol it's just a shame it got to be that state and these photos are literally 3 weeks after its last night party

Alohomora

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Urban R - you've already messaged me about this... people go to a lot of effort to scout places and conduct research to find them. Do some exploring around your area, write some reports and build your credibility on the site.

Your a newbie and no one gets a free ride

Good luck!