real time web analytics
Report - - Prestolite, Leyland 19/10/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Prestolite, Leyland 19/10/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Azubi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with AndyM after he came across this place a few weeks ago, the grounds are surrounded by that nasty pallisade fencing and even worse, curtain twitchers on 2 sides and an extremely active building site overlooking the factory on another side. We didn't let that bother us though and as we put on our hard hats and hi-vis we got in, trying to look as official as we possibly could in regards to the circumstances.

It was clear right from the start that we weren't the first to visit this site. Kids and pikeys had clearly beaten us to it since it closed in 2005, leaving the site a right mess and rather stripped. The tragic death of 2000 coat hangers in a first floor fire last year did little for the building's appearance either.

Despite all this though, the place does have some character, giving the typical open floor layout some appeal as long as you look for it. The basement stretches for quite some distance and is full of various pieces of packaging and, strangely, mounds of earth.

As always, I forgot something and this time it was the quick release plate for my tripod so all the photos were handheld. With this in mind, please forgive some of the pictures as few came out as I would have wanted.

Cheers to AndyM for finding this place and inviting me along.

Here's a couple of pics...

DSCF5085.jpg

DSCF5047.jpg

DSCF5072.jpg

DSCF5062.jpg

DSCF5015.jpg

DSCF5016.jpg

DSCF5036.jpg

DSCF4916.jpg

DSCF4952.jpg

DSCF4926.jpg

DSCF4876.jpg

DSCF4994.jpg

DSCF5007.jpg

DSCF5012.jpg

I will be updating my website today aswell *hopefully* so there should be a full gallery up by tonight aswell as my Inverkip gallery.:thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details