real time web analytics
Report - - Project C - Gibraltar - 2015 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Project C - Gibraltar - 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sajem

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi all,

I took these photos back in 2015, but never seemed to have got around to posting them here. This is the first time I have logged in here in a while, and it seems my previous couple of posts have disappeared, so best to start from scratch!

I believe I remember being told that these tanks were used by Shell to store fuel for ships bunkering off Gibraltar after WW11.

Access to this area is hidden among abandoned construction material at the rear of an estate of flats. Kids had evidently bent back the bars at the bottom of the gate, allowing me to squeeze through. At the entrance there was a retro security camera (there were many of these throughout the system), before you reached a very long tunnel with large pipes that presumably carried oil at some point. After a long walk, you reach a large sliding metal door. The oil tanks pictured are accessed on 2 levels; from the ground and from above as can be seen in the photos. There are 4/5 chambers with rusting tanks in them, and 2 chambers that are empty. Its hard for the photos to do justice at just how large these chambers are.

The top level had a very long metal staircase that eventually led to the great views you can see in the last photo.

Last edited: