real time web analytics
Report - - Protestants Martyrs Memorial Church, Liverpool, January 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Protestants Martyrs Memorial Church, Liverpool, January 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Protestants Martyrs Memorial Church, Liverpool

IMG_30406.jpg

History

Founded in 1903 and closed around 2004. Founding Father of the Church was a Pastor George Wise.

The church maintained a sound uncompromising Protestant Evangelical Witness. From her inception, enemies constantly prophesied her early demise but under God the work begun by Pastor Wise was faithfully carried out by his successor, Rev. H. D. Longbottom who died in 1962.

The faith then continued by Pastor George H. Mason who died in 1981. On Wednesday 31st March 1982 this Liverpool Church and it's Protestant Congregation were constituted as a congregation of the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster.

The Visit

I seem to have been spending quite a bit of time over on Mersyside at the moment, one of my 'Liverpool Contacts' has been keeping an eye on this place since he was a wee nipper, but since it closed, it's always been locked up tight. Recently it seems some bored youths had decided to put their destructive tendencies to (good?) use and created a nice opening to the place.

When you first walk into the place, it does not look that big, but looks can be deceptive as there is a whole sub-level there with entertainment space with a stage and many rooms.

A do like a good derelict church and this one certainly makes it into the favorite churches list.

[1]
IMG_30425.jpg

[2] & [3]
IMG_30429.jpg
IMG_30434.jpg

[4] & [5]
IMG_30438.jpg
IMG_30439.jpg

[6]
IMG_30445.jpg

[7] & [8]
IMG_30460.jpg
IMG_30462.jpg

[9]
IMG_30478.jpg

[10] & [11]
IMG_30465.jpg
IMG_30502.jpg

[12]
IMG_30505.jpg

[13]
IMG_30511.jpg

Full Gallery HERE

APlaceForStuff

#
28DL Full Member
This looks fantastic and nice to hear there's a tidy way in!

After I've cut my teeth close to home I need to have a look around Liverpool for sites like this; I was living in Liverpool a couple years back but didn't realise how much I wanted to get into this exploring lark :')