real time web analytics
Report - - English Martyrs School Hartlepool (11/01/20) | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - English Martyrs School Hartlepool (11/01/20)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brandon98

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I haven’t really done my history on this place other than I know demolition is in slow progress so will soon be flattened.

Myself and three other friends decided to explore this place after one failed attempt, security is on site 80% of the time with floodlights on so be cautious if you do decide to go, we got lucky this time with no security or floodlights on.

Gaining access is very easy, just move a little barrier and you’re inside, Everything is still in really good condition, building is still standing strong but it could be very easy to get lost inside of, luckily one of the people that came with us was a previous student here so that helped a lot. There isn’t much to say about this place other than if you’re a Pikey, this place is a goldmine. The building does have two big sports halls and a pool (drained), also had a big outdoor art place which was a nice place to take 5 during our little exploration. There is lots of glass all over and there is a safe, probably nothing in it but if you can pick locks, give it a go cause we had no luck.

we spent about an hour and a half in this place, it is a big place with some outdoor buildings but the building is right next to the new college and a house and is on a main road (new college is fitted with IR cameras.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
This place looks fairly interesting.
Good report.

Get yourself a tripod and learn some manual settings on your camera. You’ll get better results.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Why is that?

All the slanty photos lol.
only banter u will come to expect that from time to time.
Seriously though not a bad report, it looks like phtography would be tricky in the dark there regardless but you have made it extra hard to make them look good by having them at angles.
I take it they are phone pics?

Brandon98

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
All the slanty photos lol.
only banter u will come to expect that from time to time.
Seriously though not a bad report, it looks like phtography would be tricky in the dark there regardless but you have made it extra hard to make them look good by having them at angles.
I take it they are phone pics?
Yes they’re phone pictures, don’t own any camera equipment so the trusty phone has to do. Was a nice place to explore and pictures were hard enough as it was a game of 50/50 if the security would turn up at any point

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yes they’re phone pictures, don’t own any camera equipment so the trusty phone has to do. Was a nice place to explore and pictures were hard enough as it was a game of 50/50 if the security would turn up at any point

Is the whole site unsused? it looks quite a big place

tigger

mog
Regular User
Well done for getting out there and making some effort.

No reason why a phone can't take reasonable pictures .

Have a look at this post: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/cwm-teigl-2020.121470/ - several of those were taken using my phone, as a specific example the 8th one was definitely taken on my phone and was hand held no tripod/gimbal or fancy gadgets.

Stand still when you take the photos and take a moment to get the camera angles striaght unless there is a good reason not to - nothing wrong with some arty stuff with jaunty angles every now and again but that isn't what yours are.

Mentioning things like the safe is fine but it's not sensible to say you tried to crack it or encourage others to try (and it certainly adds nothing to your 'report').

Brandon98

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Is the whole site unsused? it looks quite a big place
Yes, the site of the school is unused as demolition has started that’s why there can be security on site but last time we went it was just an old man in a tranny van sat there, walked around the outside of the building and then just sat back in his van

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The new school behind the old school was scheduled to open Sept 2019 as detailed at https://www.emshartlepool.org/new-build-ahead-of-schedule/
History of old school -
St Joseph's Convent School was founded in 1885, and became a direct grant grammar school following the Education Act of 1944. St Francis RC Grammar School was opened in 1956, and two new secondary schools, St Bede's for boys and St Anne's for girls, were opened in 1963.
St Peter's secondary modern school opened in King Oswy Drive in 1960 replacing St Bega's school. The school had approximately 200 students and the headmasters were Mr Timothy McCarthy, followed by Mr Robert Garraghan.
In 1973, the national policy of Comprehensive education led to all the Catholic secondary schools in the town being merged as the English Martyrs' Comprehensive School. These were St Anne's, St Bede's, St Francis', St Joseph's and St Peter's schools, each of which is represented by a star on the school badge. The new site was the buildings of St Bede's and St Anne's and the St Francis site which was closed down in 1985.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Looks like an interesting explore . Well done on getting out there. Sorry I also personally prefer straight shots, the odd slant is ok with me, but not every shot.

As tigger says, take your time, stand still and try and get the right angle, we all rely on a phone at some point, I know I have, whilst shopping for me lol, so no camera, it was opportunity and only the light on phone to use too. You can edit on your phone to straighten I believe. Anyway good place you found.

Only other thing I wouldn't suggest doing is saying anything re access. :thumb