real time web analytics
Report - - Queen Elizabeth Hospital Tower, Birmingham Dec 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Queen Elizabeth Hospital Tower, Birmingham Dec 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not got round to posting this but I thought I'd share it.

QE is a university hospital in Birmingham, largely built in the 1930's deco style. Clebby had noticed that some work was going on around parts of the hospital, and it looked as if the older part may be closing. Well it transpired that in fact part of the old building was being stripped and refurbished, but this did allow access to the roof, and in turn the tower.

Anyone who knows Brum will instantly recognise the tower. I've always thought the top resembles a huge deco mantle clock. I must say the inside of the tower was a little plain and modern (that said it is still a functioning water tower for a live hospital) and the clock mechanism has been replaced for some horrid plastic thing, but the view was great, and we now only have one water tower left to crack of the three beauties that Selly Oak has to offer :)

There were a few scraps of epic in the hospital building, but too late really I think.

DSC_0189_zpsrp7f6kkc.jpg

DSC_0188_zpsfjra1xpe.jpg

Hardly a Gent's waiting train...
DSC_0183_zpskeyqkepd.jpg

DSC_0182_zpss95d73zr.jpg

DSC_0180_zpstquxycp9.jpg

DSC_0176_zpsiorpnuug.jpg

DSC_0174_zpsvarlhd4f.jpg

DSC_0172_zpsf0mwbq09.jpg

DSC_0194_zpsmqjvmslp.jpg

DSC_0193_zpsxbrawgwb.jpg

DSC_0190_zpsmndkcmme.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
One of those places, looks epic when you look up at it but when you get there its a bit of a meh!