real time web analytics
Report - - Queens/Hydes Anvil Brewery, Moss Side Manchester - June 2013. | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Queens/Hydes Anvil Brewery, Moss Side Manchester - June 2013.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Queens/Hydes' Anvil Brewery, Moss Side Manchester

4-2.jpg

Over 150 years of brewing in Moss Side came to an end in early 2012

Much of the later equipment was aquired from Boddingtons also located in Manchester prior to demolition more than a decade ago

Alfred Hyde went into partnership in 1863 with his brother Ralph at the Crown Brewery in Audenshaw

He then moved to the Victoria Brewery, Lower Moss Lane Hulme in 1870 and to the Mayfield Street Brewery, Ardwick in 1882

Alfred Hyde died in 1880 and his eldest child Annie ran the business moving to the Monmouth Street Brewery, Rushholme in 1887 and in July 1899 to the Queen's Brewery, Brookes Bar Moss side formerly owned by Greatorex Brothers

Hydes Queen's Brewey Ltd was registered in December 1912 as a limited liability company to aquire the business. The company changed it's name in 1944 to Hydes' Anvil Brewery Ltd, to reflect the change of brewery name

Hydes is one of the few British regional breweries that is still owned and managed as a family business, with an estate of 66 managed and tenanted pubs across the north west, producing 60,000 barrels a year

Visited with Cloaked up & TBM this was essentially a dis-organised non-piss up in a brewery :D

Apologies the pics are a bit rubbish, I'm not very good in anything other than drain's so forgive the crapness..

2.jpg
3.jpg

5-1.jpg

Main Entrance

6.jpg

Courtyard/Offices/Loading Bay/Brew Hall/Central Gable with Clock and Ornamental Finial

7.jpg

Once inside there is so much to see, for me it was a rushed job, however I still managed a couple of hours..

There is much, much more on offer than I have posted really and a lot of my pics were too crap to shove up, give me a drain anyday :D

8.jpg
8a.jpg

Grist Mill

9.jpg

Fermenting Vessels

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Brewing Hall/Plant

13.jpg

13a.jpg

14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Barrel Plant

19.jpg
20.jpg

No Brewery is complete without a trip to the clock tower/workings

21.jpg

22.jpg

Basement Goodies

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

So much ancient stuff down there from glasses, bottles, crates, beermats, I just wish I had the inclination to round it all up and take some pics, sorry :(

29.jpg

1863 - 2012, RIP

28.jpg