real time web analytics
Report - - Queensbury Shelters - Portsmouth - March 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Queensbury Shelters - Portsmouth - March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Had this on my radar for a while, so went for a snoop with a mate. Thought it would be a lot shitter than it was! Lots of little interesting bits dotted around, nice to kill an afternoon.

History

Queensbury shelters had made bus shelters for over 30 years. Shelters that went everywhere, good, honest, god-fearing shelters. People stand in a bus shelter when waiting for a bus. Bus shelters have been around since buses and make a great place to shelter in, or potentially have sex or take intravenous drugs. Bus shelters typically have small seats so the homeless cannot use them as living quarters. This is an issue, as termailly obese scratters can't easily park their gargantuan arses on such areas, causing them even more back pain than they already had. Queensbury maintained a market presence for quite some time with their sometimes innovative, sometimes generic designs. Bus shelters are designated as a confined space within the meaning of The Health Act 2006, which means it's illegal to smoke in them, but that's largely ignored now. Bus shelters were the core functioning of the business until one day they weren't.

Queensbury is also notable for being the only place in which I have encountered a dead seagull, I initially thought it was an owl...

Thanks for looking guys! Make sure you smash that like button and subscribe to my 28dl page for all the latest cool explores!

Attachments

• IMG_3655.jpeg
    IMG_3655.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 33

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Definitely enjoyed all those snarky messages left by that under-appreciated employee!

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ha ha love the bus stop sign.
Why did I immediately assume this was a WW2 tunnel when I read the title lol

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Like your write up, made me chuckle. Unhappy workers leaving their mark seems prevalent in a lot of production companies & the bus sign , well that`s a great addiction .

Nice mooch there. :thumb

oazzo

28DL Member
28DL Member
this place has now been pretty much demolished apart from 2 warehouses at the back

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
I got initially excited and though this was the other deepshelter in Portsmouth!

That looks wonderfully shite lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 289) View details