real time web analytics
Report - - R.o.f featherstone 5/10/08 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - R.o.f featherstone 5/10/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A man called Martyn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I Have spent some interesting times on this site and some bad ones, the trouble with the bulldozer springs to mind.most recently i got caught by quick sand :eek: by the water pools on the site.I first came to the site in 1997 trying for an apprenticeship at the R.O.S.M factory, it was not long later that they had that well known fire on site.
the demo crew have gone for the time being.My encounter with the bulldozer put me off having a crack at the factory that had dealt with the depleated urainium as for a brief period this became easy to get in to.
DSCF0820-1.jpg

female toilet block
DSCF0839-1.jpg

all the tatted cable insulation just reminded me of eels for some reason
DSCF0805.jpg

DSCF0804.jpg

DSCF0807.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0823.jpg

DSCF0838.jpg

View attachment 117514
DSCF0809.jpg

sunset from the rooftop.there is still a lot left to see on the site, it is all the worse off for the loss of the two decontamination blocks

oldiesDJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Shame it's all but flattened now, as of 2021. I was interested in the comments about the pools Martyn. The one nearest the lane (Cat & Kittens Lane) was, I imagine the first pool there used to run off warm water from a nearby building. The fishing club used to fish there. The pool on the east side of it was surrounded by brickwork when I was there. I don't know how deep it was. The overflow from there ran into the main pool then out through an overflow to a 'brook' under the lane. They're both overgrown now. I often wonder if there are still fish in the left hand pool. I can't imagine where the 'quicksand' would have been.