real time web analytics
Report - - Radar base / Prison / Military Training Camp - Bexhill - July 21 and March 23 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Radar base / Prison / Military Training Camp - Bexhill - July 21 and March 23

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ant2011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I first visited this location in July 2021. I managed to get a few photos before bumping into a security guard. He told me a bit about the history of the place, but then asked me to leave..
Taliesin Bourne has already posted some useful links in the Rumours forum.
This location has had many uses over the years: a Royal Air Force Mobile Radio Unit, then a radar station domestic site, then a Category C training prison in 1969. Riots in 1986 destroyed 40% of the buildings and it finally closed in 1992. It was then refurbished and used as a training camp for the UAE Military. This was how I first heard about it, as there were lots of rumours going around from conspiracy theorists as to what they were actually doing there.

_O7A0082.jpg

The cell block...
_O7A0545.jpg

_O7A0547.jpg

AO7A0541.jpg

AO7A0542.jpg

AO7A0555.jpg

The mosque...
_O7A0588.jpg

AO7A0516.jpg

AO7A0518.jpg

AO7A0521.jpg

The clinic...
AO7A0501.jpg

AO7A0502.jpg

AO7A0503.jpg

AO7A0504.jpg

AO7A0505.jpg

AO7A0506.jpg

AO7A0595.jpg

A selection of other shots from around the site...
AO7A0489.jpg

AO7A0496.jpg

AO7A0507.jpg

AO7A0515.jpg

AO7A0559.jpg

AO7A0560.jpg

AO7A0561.jpg

AO7A0563.jpg

AO7A0572.jpg

AO7A0576.jpg

AO7A0577.jpg

AO7A0581.jpg

AO7A0590.jpg

Hope you enjoy the images.

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
Great report i may put one up myself . Its such a waste many of them units seemed almost new rarely do I actually lay on a mattress it was like being at a pontins 😂 I really wanted to have ago of them boats 😔😭😂

TheJungleBeast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What an interesting place, what is the big horn looking thing in the 6th pic from bottom ? Some kind of compressor ?

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I know this has been the exploring hotspot of the month. But you have captured it really well. It’s a nice site by the looks of it.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Great report i may put one up myself . Its such a waste many of them units seemed almost new rarely do I actually lay on a mattress it was like being at a pontins 😂 I really wanted to have ago of them boats 😔😭😂

Probably nicer than Pontins

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Those chairs are possibly the ugliest I have ever seen.

Interesting xray. Either the radiographer put the label on the wrong side or the patient has the exceedingly rare condition of dextrocardia where the heart is on the other side.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
What an interesting place, what is the big horn looking thing in the 6th pic from bottom ? Some kind of compressor ?

In my opinion it is potentially one end of a vacuum tube system for transporting small pods of stuff around a building, businesses use them to securely move cash and other things around buildings.

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
In my opinion it is potentially one end of a vacuum tube system for transporting small pods of stuff around a building, businesses use them to securely move cash and other things around buildings.
I believe its a wind tunnel of some sort as there is a wing shape flap inside u can just make it out from the pic

Who has read this thread (Total: 154) View details