real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Church Fenton, North Yorkshire, Feb 2019 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Church Fenton, North Yorkshire, Feb 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Eloiseycheesy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
An ex-RAF training airfield in North Yorkshire now partly opened as a civilian airfield.
First time posting on here so apologies if I haven't quite got the formatting of posting yet!
Decided to visit after finding out my A level photography title was 'selected colour' as I thought it would be a great opportunity to capture the decaying colours of the abandoned structures. Was quite easy to assess and had no trouble from anyone whilst we were inside (I visited with my mother and we'll jump at anything). I feel the buildings provide enough cover to ensure that no one is really going to spot you. Got some beautiful shots of what looked to be the dorms, wanted to find the canteen that seems to be heavily photographed however didn't fancy staying around too long for a first trip and would've taken a while to find it in all the buildings that are there!
Definitely would love to return at some point!
Capture raf.PNG
raf 2.PNG
Raf 3.PNG
Capture raf4.PNG

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
It can be a bit nerve wracking on a first visit, but there's loads more here to see. Well worth you making another trip in my opinion. You should have a month and year of your visit in the title too.

Eloiseycheesy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It can be a bit nerve wracking on a first visit, but there's loads more here to see. Well worth you making another trip in my opinion. You should have a month and year of your visit in the title too.
Thanks I completely forgot to put that in! Have now edited it :)

RobbRae

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Planning a trip to here very soon. Is this by the main road? What's the best way to get in?

Thanks

Who has read this thread (Total: 274) View details