Web
Analytics
Report - - RAF Holmpton cold war bunker - 5/4/8 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - RAF Holmpton cold war bunker - 5/4/8

ERNIE99_UK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited as a group on saturday 5th april.

RAF Holmpton is an amazing place, From the outside what looks like a bungalow leads to a huge underground 2 storey building.
It was built in 1953 and they had to dig a pit 100ft deep to put in the underground bunker. It has walls 10ft thick and tungsten strengthened, and sits on a gravel shockbed.
As far as i know it could withstand a near miss but not a direct hit from a warhead (correct me if anythings wrong). It was designed to operate with the personnel underground and protected for up to 3 months.

Anyway, heres my pictures:

The guardhouse bungalow
133.jpg

132.jpg

The tunnel:
128.jpg

Blast Doors 1&1/4 tons each:
125.jpg

WMD Gallery:

039.jpg

028.jpg

042.jpg

Stairwell:
005.jpg

Roc room:

073.jpg

072.jpg

Plant Room:

043.jpg

044.jpg

Communications:

055.jpg

056.jpg

048.jpg

Canteen:
084.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

Station cat (on the payroll as vermin control officer!)

092.jpg

Sick bay:

093.jpg

Kelvin hughes pdu plotting room and tote board:

123.jpg

118.jpg

114.jpg

Computer mainframe:

102.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: