real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Kirton Lindsey, Lincolnshire - March/ April 2024 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Kirton Lindsey, Lincolnshire - March/ April 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Belterman2024

28DL Member
28DL Member
Its so refreshing to explore a huge site were everything is derelict. I got very lucky with this one, there has been multiple people who have wondered around in the early days when there was OTT security and chipped away at little bits but over the past decade this site has slowly been forgotten and over time more and more doors have been ragged open, with the impending doom of demolishment looming, we just got the timing perfect, everything was left in a nice derpy state and nobody in the community seem'd to be bothered, even with a lead or rumour. Well she was an epic which I'm very happy i've seen it all before its too late.

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG

This base fully closed down in 2014 and since has sat derelict. As mentioned quite a few explorers have done the aircraft hangers over the years, and even pushed around a few ancillary buildings on the base but the site has always been associated with quite good security hence why there hasn't really ever been a good comprehensive report ! Back in the day apparently there was even tripwires on the perimeter fence, which is a tad bit amusing. This level of security hasn't really changed, on my multiple visits there was a dog handler driving around and quite good camera coverage. These measure presented us with a few hairy situations, most notably when mr doggo pinned us down in the classrooms for a good few hours and we sore him and his pet walking around, good fun really but was very scary at the time. We eventually figured out they change shift at 6, so just waited for him to leave first. I must say the site is a bit "eerie" as most military installations are, especially when walking around on your own. It all felt a bit like a maze with doors to nowhere and confusing signs, perhaps this was done on purpose. Sadly the water tower was well locked off and there was a few buildings we couldn't get to due to our good friend blocking the way! Enough waffle, I'll let the photos speak for themselves..

Guard House & Military Prison

IMG_3390.JPG

IMG_3401.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3392.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_3406.JPG

IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

Accommodation

IMG_2959.JPG

IMG_2991.JPG

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_3469.JPG

IMG_2995.JPG

IMG_2963.JPG

IMG_3472.JPG

IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

IMG_2960.JPG

IMG_2973.JPG

IMG_2977.JPG

More to come!​

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice report. Nice narration. Nice to see the old emblems etc. What the hell was in those boxes?

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent report. Really decent nick, no doubt due to the decent secca on site. Liking all the really dated décor and the squadron emblems.