real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Spadeadam - December 2023 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Spadeadam - December 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Trophy

Consistently Confused
28DL Full Member
My first ever post! (i’m sure i’ll manage to do something wrong)

i know this place has been covered to death and others will do a much better history of explaining the site and especially this area in particular known as “Collinski Airfield”

the walk to the site was extremely boggy and over rough terrain which was to be expected given the time of year and type of ground. would definitely advise this to be a summer visit for anyone interested when the trekking shouldn’t be as hard going :)

if anyone could provide more details on any vehicles shown that would amazing, i do know that the SPAAG shown is a ZU-23-4 “Shilka” which is a cold war era russian anti air vehicle.

will attach photos below:
IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

Ignore me covering the lens with my finger 😅

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
My first ever post! (i’m sure i’ll manage to do something wrong)

i know this place has been covered to death and others will do a much better history of explaining the site and especially this area in particular known as “Collinski Airfield”

the walk to the site was extremely boggy and over rough terrain which was to be expected given the time of year and type of ground. would definitely advise this to be a summer visit for anyone interested when the trekking shouldn’t be as hard going :)

if anyone could provide more details on any vehicles shown that would amazing, i do know that the SPAAG shown is a ZU-23-4 “Shilka” which is a cold war era russian anti air vehicle.

will attach photos below:
IMG_2408.jpeg

IMG_2423.jpeg

Ignore me covering the lens with my finger 😅

IMG_2426.jpeg

IMG_2437.jpeg

IMG_2440.jpeg
So excited to try this one day, those planes look gorgeous, surprised you didn’t see the mi-24 as that seems to be the highlight of everyone’s visit

Trophy

Consistently Confused
28DL Full Member
So excited to try this one day, those planes look gorgeous, surprised you didn’t see the mi-24 as that seems to be the highlight of everyone’s visit
we did see it in the distance however the river had burst its banks and we couldn’t cross it, would have loved to see it up close though

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
we did see it in the distance however the river had burst its banks and we couldn’t cross it, would have loved to see it up close though
Massive shame then, the photos I’ve seen it looks gorgeous, definitely a summer job though

Trophy

Consistently Confused
28DL Full Member
Massive shame then, the photos I’ve seen it looks gorgeous, definitely a summer job though
yes the whole place would be much easier to walk about in the summer and i’m 100% considering the return journey at some point next year. the poor weather did add some real atmosphere to the site though

bobdobelina

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you not take the path? There’s a path that leads you right to it, past the helicopter first and then onto the rest. It’s about a 45 minute walk from the road where you can park. No need to cross the fields.

tez111

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's mad up there, we did it in torrential rain, my nephew almost disappeared in a bog, we were that wet, we just walked through the river. Great explore though

Trophy

Consistently Confused
28DL Full Member
It's mad up there, we did it in torrential rain, my nephew almost disappeared in a bog, we were that wet, we just walked through the river. Great explore though
few times i was waist deep😅 amazing place

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is on my list, good to see its still all there, i think im going to wait for some better weather though :)

ExplorerNE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you not take the path? There’s a path that leads you right to it, past the helicopter first and then onto the rest. It’s about a 45 minute walk from the road where you can park. No need to cross the fields.
Don’t suppose you have anymore details on the path please? I’m trying to go there asap but winter and waste deep bogs putting me off.

Who has read this thread (Total: 238) View details