Web
Analytics
Report - - RAF Swinderby - Control Towers, Battle Bunker | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - RAF Swinderby - Control Towers, Battle Bunker

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Thanks to Sixfingers for the lead, and the nightime visit the previous day.

RAF Swinderby was created as a WW2 Bomber Command airfield, and during the war was built, concreted, lengthened, expanded, but ended up as a training school for the rest of it's life. It's history is here... http://www.raf.mod.uk/bombercommand/s80.html

First stop, the 'modern' control tower. Considering it's 50% glass it's in very good condition with little damage by our standards. I want this as my house...

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2363.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: RAF Swinderby - Control Towers, Battle Bunker - REPORT

Next stop, the original WW2 tower. Unfortunately, the rounded corner windows have been replaced...

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Then a nice new find... The WW2 battle bunker. This was a two storey bunker, the usual bit with the thin slit, and below that a set of rooms. Very ruined inside but worth a visit...

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Finally a few random pictures.

A hangar, a tree and some runway markings...

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

Last edited:
S

silverfoxxx

Another excellent explore OT.

We've visited Swinderby a few times now and missed that Battle Bunker so tonight myself, sixxfingers and madmax paid a visit.

Some night time shots here:

sixxfingers

Original Member
28DL Full Member

Here's a few of my nightime trip with OT, we had quite a few funny moments on the night... not only at this site, but a number of others.
Even including OT doing a C&A pose in the last image!

The second set of pics are from OT's information about the bunker and a nightime visit with Silverfoxxx & Madmax.
Hope you enjoy...