real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upper Heyford Hospital 30/10/09 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upper Heyford Hospital 30/10/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I've been on a bit of a hospital binge lately and finally paid a visit to one of the local sites and I'm glad I did, with company in the form of True British Metal...although me being the hopeless clod I am I forgot my tripod so apologies for the quality of some of the pics, I did the best I could!

The hospital itself is the most modern building I've explored only being opened in 1980 (with awful 'architecture' to boot), the ground floor is pitch-black and sodden in places from kids leaving the fire hoses on and letting extinguishers off. Upstairs you trade the wetness for chav damage as obviously they felt braver upstairs as there is much more light....still, considering the amount of sheer destruction in some places within the hospital most of what you'd expect to find smashed wasn't, and although it is mostly stripped there is some very cool hospital equipment left, lots of nice control panels plus a multitude of telephones for some reason:crazyHighlights for me had to be the operating rooms, the laboratory and the peculiar soundproofed rooms.

DSCF0503.jpg

DSCF0489.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

DSCF0523.jpg

DSCF0547.jpg

DSCF0550.jpg

DSCF0552.jpg

DSCF0560.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0589.jpg

DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

DSCF0629.jpg

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0657.jpg

DSCF0671.jpg

DSCF0676.jpg

and to close, a shot of one of the towers on the corner of the RAF site

DSCF0474.jpg

the rest of the pics are here if you care to take a gander RAF Upper Heyford Hospital