real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood At Night....A Cold Wet/Snowy One! - Feb 2017 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood At Night....A Cold Wet/Snowy One! - Feb 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanXDiscovery

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good evening Ladies & Gentleman,

Let me start with some background information it was 8.03pm on a cold Essex night, not a creature was stirring and snow had decended upon us. the question was asked, do we have a nice night in the warm with some beers or walk around in the early hours of the morning freezing looking for tanks? Welcome to RAF Upwood!

After doing some research we were led to belive this place had easy entry, easy is an aboslute understatement so if your looking for your first explore or something leisurely then this is the place! Our first thoughts were this is massive and why do we not do this during the day,I cannot reccomend this place enough as it was really good! anyway here she is.

R3aLFXzl.jpg

PUCKZNnl.jpg

Everything is quite vandalised and broken/burnt. I also noticed that it is used as a air soft place im guessing from the bullet marks etc. to be fair its a cracking place for it!

We had a look through some of the outer buildings and my god was it eerie.

92yOlmql.jpg

WzZQeS5l.jpg

Unexploded paint grenade anyone?

4WjniXll.jpg

This really was a vast site and you could easily get lost at night, especially if your clowning around.

TZmdCRil.jpg

JQ6snFml.jpg

oQJIQLrl.jpg

jIF4ccYl.jpg

We found a giant tower with a homemade ladder, I didnt even try it as I dislike heights anyway and probably would of made feel like the drawing below.

3vpQcQol.jpg

s9CymCJl.jpg

By9C7c8l.jpg

6ek2zR9l.jpg

Anyway the thing we were most excited about and most puzzled how on earth random tanks are just left to rot (Can anyone shed some light on that?)

ia2g0Rml.jpg

0aOVEv2l.jpg

9TmXeUll.jpg

jM4QYXvl.jpg

Yes the inner child did come out and we have lots of tank pictures with all of us, the joy of Urbexing is being somewhere at 2am freezing with your best pals and not wanting to be anywhere else in the world!

I thank you for your time & hope that you will view our next report :)

Cheers

GirlExplorer93

28DL Member
28DL Member
Went here not long ago during the day, gates were open, we hid from a couple lorries but no one bothered us at all, climbed inside the tanks, looks like people have BBQ, maybe some homeless people about, there's a nice hole in the fence that an adult can easily fit through. Lots of fun in this massive place!! Highly recommend

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details