real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Wendling Bomb Dump..Norfolk, December 2022 | Military Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Wendling Bomb Dump..Norfolk, December 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Correct, it is the 'bomb store'

What you called the fusing building is the Incendiary & Pyro store.

(fusing buildings were drive through and I don't recall any surviving at Wendling - they were along the track between the peritrack and the store area not in the main wooded area).
There are several small Incendiary store buildings, SAA stores, component stres, smoke bomb stores otted arond the bomb store area and to generally daily similar plane designs.
I always thought it was bomb stores but someone who served corrected me and said dump and, that they hate being called stores.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nicely photographed. Makes me re evaluate what could be a really interesting and educational report. These places do get over looked and never a thought as to the story behind such places.
In woodlands I do now look for indentations, burrows, ridges etc. Reports like this make me more aware. :thumb

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely photographed. Makes me re evaluate what could be a really interesting and educational report. These places do get over looked and never a thought as to the story behind such places.
In woodlands I do now look for indentations, burrows, ridges etc. Reports like this make me more aware. :thumb
Thank you. I have visited far bigger ones than this one. But at the end of the day the job they served was the same. I agree is so much hidden out there you don’t know about.