real time web analytics
Report - Abandoned Railway Station Zujar-Freila, Spain July 2020 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Abandoned Railway Station Zujar-Freila, Spain July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

XTreme

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here's a real abandoned railway station Zujar-Freila! Not restored, just left to it's own devices.....so it's the real deal.

All the stations on this line were closed on 31st December 1984.......financial reasons basically. Same as happened in Britain 20 years earlier.

What makes this station very different from the others is that it was featured in the 1959 film North West Frontier starring Kenneth More, Lauren Bacall, and Herbert Lom. Shit.....I can even remember that being released. :eek:

The vid I made is a bit different too......with footage from the film along with some clips of the station as it is now! Or rather, what's left of it! You need to watch the vid to get the full vibe!

Just a disclaimer......the Railways guys loved this as it's nearly all Rail based. The bike guys weren't keen as there wasn't enough riding footage or bike shots. So you tell me what you Urbex guys think!

So here we go......this is the abandoned railway station of Zujar-Freila in the province of Granada!

Let me know what you think?

chills

Queller of the uprising
Nice first report there, nice amount of history and you’ve followed the format including some history. Nice to see something different and fresh!

XTreme

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report - anything railway gets my attention - and you have included some history as well - thank you

I revisited one early this morning @westernsultan ........I did this station earlier in the year but I've got a much better camera now.

I'll be posting it shortly......but your guess is as good as mine on when it'll be passed for publishing by Admin. :D

XTreme

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report - anything railway gets my attention - and you have included some history as well - thank you

Here you go: