real time web analytics
Report - - Report - Dudley Train Tunnel - Black Country Old'n Days | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Report - Dudley Train Tunnel - Black Country Old'n Days

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Stan464

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi All!

I do apologise for not having to much history on this, im sure there is a few members of these forums that would know the History of the Dudley Train Tunnel.

I would assume this was used to Transport Coal & Materials for the Black Country Factories back many moon ago!

From memory, it was for Metal works & chains, even that of the Anchor Chain for the Titanic, if memory serves me correctly...

I have put together a Video of this little Exploration, Id admit, the Footage wasn't the best due to a few reasons:

1) Was still getting used to our gear.
2) A branch had struck my camera mount, which I later found out.

That being said, the footage didn't look too bad!

Enjoy!

If you feel so eager to, you are welcome to Subscribe to the Channel!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And 3. We decided not to invest in decent lighting :banghead

Sorry mate it"s a bit :eek: Railway Tunnels are bastards to light up even with decent lighting so this was never going to work with what you seem to be attempting to use. Unfortunate, but better luck in future :thumb

Stan464

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And 3. We decided not to invest in decent lighting :banghead

Sorry mate it"s a bit :eek: Railway Tunnels are bastards to light up even with decent lighting so this was never going to work with what you seem to be attempting to use. Unfortunate, but better luck in future :thumb

You are 100% Correct, the Footage was shoddy and rushed and you couldn't see jackall! but i thought id put something up anywho! :)

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don"t know what to suggest for Video lighting but it does tend to get expensive for named high end lighting (as against the generic cree stuff) I"m using various models/output Torches with the TM15 being the "How fucking much" :eek: one

But you need both reach & spread of beam which is hard to get .....see below Although it"s a smaller Tunnel i know ;)

24949083772_dbf1e6f3ea_c.jpg

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
At least you had a pop. And at night some of the holes in there could have fooked you up. But 20 mins is tough to sit through due to hard to see lighting. But I got the general idea of what it's like. So thanks for posting and keep it up. Would love to see what you get with better lighting or during day.

Stan464

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the encourage guys. & yes, I was reluctant to upload due to this note, but I wanted to Contribute anyhow!

Thanks guys!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the encourage guys. & yes, I was reluctant to upload due to this note, but I wanted to Contribute anyhow!

Thanks guys!

If Video work is what your"e thinking of continuing with (especially the low light stuff ?) Then i"d suggest a bit of Googling for something more suited too the Filming process than using Torches. DPReview might also be a good place to search in their Forum sections regarding this stuff.......just a thought ;)

Low light stuffs a pain at the best of time

I didn"t notice what you were Filming on? maybe that"s as much the problem as lighting :confused:

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
I was being genuine :p I mean its been a few years since I've been mooching on here!

I just find photography has everything I need; Its not long and drawn out and its straight to the point. If I want a video I'll just go have a wander after viewing photos. I can understand people have the whole 'exploration' thing at the forefront of their mind when they first get into it - fuck I was looking around old warehouses, and I still do! So unless its something up the cool scale, like bombing about in vehicles in an underground complex, or a dog nipping someones arse after messing up, I just can't be bothered watching them and waiting half hour to see a good bit.

Maybe something to consider for videographers, or I could be the weirdo, and in fact lots of people watch these. :)

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Going off the viewing totals on the bottom of the pages i doubt they"re very popular, but that"s probably down too no editing & well as the actual footage content.
I"ve got 100 mins of Quadcopter footage of Whittington Asylum but who want"s to watch all that :eek: edit edit edit unless it"s got cute Kittens in it obviously ;)

TranKmasT

"You BOY!
Regular User
Good for getting out there.

Mind me asking why your last 2 reports were at night? Both sites are easily excessible in the day and you might of got better footage.(saying that, gypsies have just set up on the roman mosaic site now)
Don't attempt Cavendish house at night, unless you want to light it up like a Christmas tree.:D

Dr.Gusto

Dont worry am a doctor
28DL Full Member
If Video work is what your"e thinking of continuing with (especially the low light stuff ?) Then i"d suggest a bit of Googling for something more suited too the Filming process than using Torches. DPReview might also be a good place to search in their Forum sections regarding this stuff.......just a thought ;)

Low light stuffs a pain at the best of time

I didn"t notice what you were Filming on? maybe that"s as much the problem as lighting :confused:
i have endeavored to find worlds but the only one that keeps coming up is fagbexer