real time web analytics
Report - - River Grom Culvert- Tunbridge Wells, Kent- July 2019 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Grom Culvert- Tunbridge Wells, Kent- July 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

James Cross

Crossvisuals
28DL Full Member
History: Not much history to be said or any information really online at all.

Explore: It was not easy gaining access to this culvert as there is very little online about the culvert and it was tricky trying to find a manhole that led down into the main culvert. With the help from a friends info, me and my mate managed to open a manhole and squeeze ourselves down all whilst a cleaner in a building directly next to the manhole had just come out and caught us in the act of opening up the manhole.

My friend 'borrowed' some traffic cones lying around on a road nearby and we squeezed into the tight tunnel. This very small fast flowing tunnel led into the larger culvert which had a very tight wet squeeze.
Cold and wet we began exploring the modern section of the tunnel walking along toward the Victorian section which seemed like miles upon miles. The water was quite clean but cold and the air was thick and smelly.

After exploring and coming to the end of the tunnel we went back the other way towards the garden centre where the culvert starts and made our way over 3 fences in the middle of the night whilst tripping a sensor and a guy shouting something like 'oi who's there'.

Sorry I haven' got many photos, it wasn't easy and my tripod almost fell over in the water. My back also ached tremendously being constantly hunched over and dodging huge spiders.
For my pics of my explores and travels add my Instagram @crossvisuals_
Hope you enjoy the photos I have got though!!
river grom culvert t wells-3.jpg
river grom culvert t wells-5.jpg

river grom culvert t wells-1.jpg

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not really many pictures, and more a longer story about getting in and out. When you do post the pictures, as PP has posted above, less people shots, especially of yourself staring into the camera, and more of the culvert/drain so we can see what it is you are seeing, otherwise it is just like instagram or something.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
As above, I like to see these culverts, but would steer clear of too many people shots. More culvert shots, and split views etc .

However I do applaud you getting in, and your determination. And I like your reflection in the ermm water lol . :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 164) View details