real time web analytics
Report - - River Team Culvert, Gateshead, November 2013 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Team Culvert, Gateshead, November 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
This is the River Team: -​

teams2001_zps94d57db9.jpg

Im not often one for travelling to "Geordie-land", but I felt that it would be a shame that this lovely little place wasnt documented... hence me taking a couple of trips here, on my own and then taking Stranton and Delbert-the-Dinghy to check it out. (Thanks Stranton for the help, much appreciated).​
Info from wiki suggests that: -
The River Team has long been regarded as one of the most polluted rivers in the area due to the discharges from Sewage works near Lamesley and heavy industry in the Team Valley. It is called "The Gut" by the residents of Dunston. However considerable improvements have now been made and the river is relatively clean.

The culvert begins in the middle of what would appear to be THE most busiest roundabout ever.... but to me, this was the best way 'in', as the river is fast flowing, and I'd rather not be taking a dinghy and working against the current. If it had been a tad deeper, then you could easily just sit in a dinghy and let the current itself take you from one end to the other.... it seriously was that fast!
I found it quite a peaceful and serene little culvert.... and could quite happily take a deckchair down next time and spend a sunny afternoon down there.. as it has a metal mesh roof, which lets the sunlight in at various parts, making it all the more pleasant. I did try shooting a video on my camera, but although it turned out fab on the camera... my computer doesnt seem to recognise the format. Perhaps I'll edit the thread someday when Ive figured it out.

teams027_zps1076f98c.jpg

teams028_zps1b7b66d0.jpg

teams038_zps9c4848ed.jpg

teams040_zpsa23a6549.jpg

teams043_zps6dbcca26.jpg

teams2008_zpsd48d2f4a.jpg

teams2002_zpsb139c1ab.jpg

teams2015_zps8253e0a6.jpg

teams2017_zps4dc02c11.jpg

teams2022_zpse76ce0df.jpg

teams2027_zps243986e5.jpg

Cat