real time web analytics
Report - - ROC Bunker, Amesbury, April, 2012 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ROC Bunker, Amesbury, April, 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tonyhibbs

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok first of i would like to say that i wasnt planning on visiting this place today. So i only had my unreliable iphone :/
I may go down with my good camera if people seem more intersted in this ROC post.
The grid referance is :SU15983863
It was opened in August 1964 and then closed in 1991 due to defence budget cuts.
It was used by the Royal Observers for identifying and reporting on aircraft (a sort of rader you can say).
And what most people know is to detect and report on any nuclear bombs being dropped and nuclear fall out.

Again sorry for the photos with awfull lighting and quality but it was all i had at the time. (will go down with a better camera in future) and if any requests i will go back to the same place as its 5 mins from my house.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Pretty over grown
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Toilet
IMG_0035.jpg

Not sure what this was for. Maybe just a drain ? It had water underneath but wasnt overflowing.
IMG_0034.jpg

Clock stopped at 12:05
IMG_0032.jpg

Old tag
IMG_0031.jpg

Pills of some kind
IMG_0030.jpg

A paper rack holder
IMG_0028.jpg

A communictions setup or a fuse box or both
IMG_0027.jpg

Good old Horlicks
IMG_0026.jpg

This controlled opening the hatch above. And still worked remarkably well
IMG_0025.jpg

Fire Blanket
IMG_0024.jpg

100% pure coffee
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Tea anyone ?
IMG_0019.jpg

Sodium Chloride bottle (full)
IMG_0018.jpg

Its great to see something like this that hasnt been vandalised or used as a ''convineant'' toilet stop. Please if you visit dont trash the place.
Also to get there you walk across a farmers field. I got permission becuase i used to work for him. But he is a nice guy and wont shoot you :)
Feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

Tocsin35

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok first of i would like to say that i wasnt planning on visiting this place today. So i only had my unreliable iphone :/
I may go down with my good camera if people seem more intersted in this ROC post.
The grid referance is :SU15983863
It was opened in August 1964 and then closed in 1991 due to defence budget cuts.
It was used by the Royal Observers for identifying and reporting on aircraft (a sort of rader you can say).
And what most people know is to detect and report on any nuclear bombs being dropped and nuclear fall out.

Again sorry for the photos with awfull lighting and quality but it was all i had at the time. (will go down with a better camera in future) and if any requests i will go back to the same place as its 5 mins from my house.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

Pretty over grown
IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Toilet
IMG_0035.jpg

Not sure what this was for. Maybe just a drain ? It had water underneath but wasnt overflowing.
IMG_0034.jpg

Clock stopped at 12:05
IMG_0032.jpg

Old tag
IMG_0031.jpg

Pills of some kind
IMG_0030.jpg

A paper rack holder
IMG_0028.jpg

A communictions setup or a fuse box or both
IMG_0027.jpg

Good old Horlicks
IMG_0026.jpg

This controlled opening the hatch above. And still worked remarkably well
IMG_0025.jpg

Fire Blanket
IMG_0024.jpg

100% pure coffee
IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

Tea anyone ?
IMG_0019.jpg

Sodium Chloride bottle (full)
IMG_0018.jpg

Its great to see something like this that hasnt been vandalised or used as a ''convineant'' toilet stop. Please if you visit dont trash the place.
Also to get there you walk across a farmers field. I got permission becuase i used to work for him. But he is a nice guy and wont shoot you :)
Feedback appreciated.

Hi are you still in touch with the landowner as i am aware this was recently set fire to and was looking to legally obtain permission to salvage any items left for the bunker we are restoring in hampshire.