real time web analytics
Question - - ROC T-bar | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - ROC T-bar

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RushupEdge2000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
never seen the lock on a roc chuck me a picture i might be able to find one
This one has a small hole through the top of the hatch just above the handle that enables locking from the inside.It looks like this has been locked from the outside by moving the handle under the hatch through the hole.I think this is locked and unlocked using a T-bar key?

RushupEdge2000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a photo from a different ROC post I explored as an example .The red arrow in the photo below is pointing to where I think the handle can be locked from the outside using a T-bar key?

PXL_20240120_152450226~3.jpg

403forbiddenexploration

needs a new username this one's cringe
28DL Full Member
This one has a small hole through the top of the hatch just above the handle that enables locking from the inside.It looks like this has been locked from the outside by moving the handle under the hatch through the hole.I think this is locked and unlocked using a T-bar key?
Yup. Many hatches can be locked in this way, in addition to one or two padlocks from the outside. Very rarely they may even have a torlift plug installed, which requires another (different) key to extract the plug.

Not seen any for sale, but they're fairly easy to make and the plans aren't the hardest to get ahold of either. There are multiple variations though. I know of at least two: the normal English key, and the Scottish one. There may be more, I'm not sure. And more variations of the torlift plugs/keys too.

Some pics of the two t-bar keys:

3328271038_37d807dcda_b.jpg
Std T-Key by Gary Sutherland, on Flickr
3327437527_55f4036525_c.jpg
Offset Scottish key by Gary Sutherland, on Flickr

Again, it's not hard to find the plans if you want to make one yourself.

RushupEdge2000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yup. Many hatches can be locked in this way, in addition to one or two padlocks from the outside. Very rarely they may even have a torlift plug installed, which requires another (different) key to extract the plug.

Not seen any for sale, but they're fairly easy to make and the plans aren't the hardest to get ahold of either. There are multiple variations though. I know of at least two: the normal English key, and the Scottish one. There may be more, I'm not sure. And more variations of the torlift plugs/keys too.

Some pics of the two t-bar keys:

3328271038_37d807dcda_b.jpg
Std T-Key by Gary Sutherland, on Flickr
3327437527_55f4036525_c.jpg
Offset Scottish key by Gary Sutherland, on Flickr

Again, it's not hard to find the plans if you want to make one yourself.
Thank you 🙂 I will have a look out for some plans.Do you know the dimensions for the normal English key?

Krypton

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s unusual to find a post in England that’s locked now anyway.
The key is more important if visiting Scotland because the hatches automatically lock once closed.