real time web analytics
Report - - ROF Bridgewater Pumphouse, Puriton - July 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ROF Bridgewater Pumphouse, Puriton - July 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was a fantastic little pump house. Although it is not as old as some of the pumps I've explored, we were still presented with some rare Harland Bore pumps in a lovely British utility type building. This is a remnant of the old Bridgewater Royal Ordnance factory that has now largely been demolished, although there is a few more buildings left on-site, this 1940s riverside pump house is by far the best! Climbing through a pretty tight squeezer we were pleased to find some more stuff that others seemed to miss, including maybe my favourite part of the explore an old poster! I could argue that these sort of places are rarer than any steam variants nowadays, places like this just don't get restored and usually get stripped! Mega orange enamel shades too..

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.JPG
5.JPG

3.JPG

6.JPG

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
It is a really nice little pump house this. I remember clambering down into the lower levels to see what was down there under the floor, having a bat fly straight at my face and not finding much to see.

The poster is really nice as well, an unexpected thing to see.

It was known as Silverfish Pumping Station in it's prior life, for reasons that I don't know!

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
For a station filled with modern equipment that really looks the part. Nicely done.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely find. These pump houses are quickly becoming a explores stable and personally a favourite of mine. Very nice.