real time web analytics
Question - - ROF Feathersone | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - ROF Feathersone

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ben Rolfe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good Evening All,

Im just curious to know if anyone has access to some photos of ROF Featherstone when it was open and running?

I cant seem to find any online but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

oldiesDJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good Evening All,

Im just curious to know if anyone has access to some photos of ROF Featherstone when it was open and running?

I cant seem to find any online but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ben
Hi Ben. Photo's from Featherstone MOD site? Don't hold your breath. I worked there for over 20 years from 1968 onwards. Anyone caught with a camera woulda been taken out back and shot lol. No but seriously, due to the security there it would have been inadvisable to take a camera in. I have seen a couple of good videos on Youtube but they are from after it was decommissioned. As you'll be aware there are some excellent reports here at 28DL too. I wish you luck in your search and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me but I wont get involved too deeply...I'm still covered by the official secrets act...and I doubt I'd like prison food :-) Best regards.

Martin Goldby

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ben, You will struggle to find any images of the site published, security was tight, and I had to sign the official secrets act before even being allowed near some of the buildings. Today, having now worked at other RoF sites, I wonder what all the fuss was about, but of all, I have some great lasting memories of nights in A25.. If you can find some old Royal Ordnance/British Aerospace internal company publications, you may turn up the odd picture or too. Happy hunting.. Martin

oldiesDJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ben, You will struggle to find any images of the site published, security was tight, and I had to sign the official secrets act before even being allowed near some of the buildings. Today, having now worked at other RoF sites, I wonder what all the fuss was about, but of all, I have some great lasting memories of nights in A25.. If you can find some old Royal Ordnance/British Aerospace internal company publications, you may turn up the odd picture or too. Happy hunting.. Martin
Hi Martin, If you worked nights in A25 what year/period was this..we may know each other. I was there from '68 until '91, A23, A26, B15 Ap2 etc. Is there a way we can make contact in private, don't wanna tick off the guys in charge of official secrets lol :)

Martin Goldby

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Martin, If you worked nights in A25 what year/period was this..we may know each other. I was there from '68 until '91, A23, A26, B15 Ap2 etc. Is there a way we can make contact in private, don't wanna tick off the guys in charge of official secrets lol :)

Yeh, I was in A25 from 1990 onwards, and remember you!! Those night shifts were some of the best times of my working life, so much fun.. keeping the old 290 running was hilarious.. Ill PM you, or try too!!

oldiesDJ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh, I was in A25 from 1990 onwards, and remember you!! Those night shifts were some of the best times of my working life, so much fun.. keeping the old 290 running was hilarious.. Ill PM you, or try too!!
Hi Martin. OK, look forward to a chat. I'm afraid I don't know how to PM in here, maybe someone smarter than me would care to explain? :-)

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details