real time web analytics
Rotherham Abandoned College - Howard Building | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Rotherham Abandoned College - Howard Building

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Horizon_BMX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi there,

This was my 2nd time going into the Howard building (my first as a 28DL member) with a few friends.

A bit of history for you - Built in the 1930s, the college building was part of Rotherham technical college up until 2004, where it has been sold from owner to owner, but ultimately remained abandoned throughout. In the front of the building are bullet holes from a previous altercation from when I can only assume the college was still in its life which unfortunately cannot be seen on the photos due to a rushed exit.

A very easy entrance and exit for experienced climbers and urbexers, torches definitely recommended for this explore although not necessarily needed unless visiting the lower floors.

Want any more details? Hit me up.

Howard 1.JPG

H10.JPG

H9.JPG

H8.JPG

H7.JPG

H6.JPG

H5.JPG

H4.JPG

H3.JPG

H2.JPG

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I always thought this had potential with it's Art Deco exterior but it doesn't look as though there are many original features. It's a shame it has been left but it looks as though there has been some work stripping out the inside. I believe there was a fire also not too long ago.

Horizon_BMX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I always thought this had potential with it's Art Deco exterior but it doesn't look as though there are many original features. It's a shame it has been left but it looks as though there has been some work stripping out the inside. I believe there was a fire also not too long ago.

Yeah I forgot to mention in my description, there was a fire reported sometime in 2017, evident by the smoke damage.

I do agree though, very sad to see it in such a state, especially having family members that have studied there.

Hoveringsnails

28DL Member
28DL Member
Thankyou for the photos i studied in that building after leaving school .
If its the building im thinking of there was a double murder back in 1959 by a guy called Bernard Walden
He shot a killed A 21 Year old Joyce Moran and a 20 Year old Neil Saxton with a revolver

i've always wanted to get in and have a look round as its not far away from where i live
Thanks

Horizon_BMX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thankyou for the photos i studied in that building after leaving school .
If its the building im thinking of there was a double murder back in 1959 by a guy called Bernard Walden
He shot a killed A 21 Year old Joyce Moran and a 20 Year old Neil Saxton with a revolver

i've always wanted to get in and have a look round as its not far away from where i live
Thanks
Theres evidence of this! Theres still bullet holes on the fromt of the building i believe! Thats crazy!

Sabz1928

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi there,

This was my 2nd time going into the Howard building (my first as a 28DL member) with a few friends.

A bit of history for you - Built in the 1930s, the college building was part of Rotherham technical college up until 2004, where it has been sold from owner to owner, but ultimately remained abandoned throughout. In the front of the building are bullet holes from a previous altercation from when I can only assume the college was still in its life which unfortunately cannot be seen on the photos due to a rushed exit.

A very easy entrance and exit for experienced climbers and urbexers, torches definitely recommended for this explore although not necessarily needed unless visiting the lower floors.

Want any more details? Hit me up.

Howard 1.JPG

H10.JPG

H9.JPG

H8.JPG

H7.JPG

H6.JPG

H5.JPG

H4.JPG

H3.JPG

H2.JPG
Hey, I think this place is really cool. I'm not too far from the area and would love to go. However, I'd be terrified to go alone. Next time your free are you able to take me there with you please ? Thank you xx

Who has read this thread (Total: 385) View details