real time web analytics
Report - - Scout Mine - Haslingden - December 2015 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Scout Mine - Haslingden - December 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
GOPR5200.jpg

LOL, I wonder if they know that the "cave" behind their waterfall is an entire mine making their back yard accessible?

Reich

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably do, the other hole has aload of household waste and tire walls, quite a mess!

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Yep they definitely do has they made it into a rather nice water feature. It's a nice report m8ty and love the waterfall pic. Nice to see people still looking at this. Great first mine. And yea big thx to @The Lone Ranger for getting us into mines and after my first visit helping me with map to show difference in size between this and the smaller one. Sadly was badly flooded on our first visit.

Ferret

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was down there in november. Going back to try and map it. And thetes supposed to be a lake in there but i never found it
I spent some time mapping it from an original survey, and overlaid it onto a satellite image.

Ferret

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The last time I was there 4 years ago, we had a good chat with the guy who owns the house with the waterfall. Said he had ventured in a couple of times, but never past that little section of passage where his water feature is as he got scared haha. Offered to take him in but he wasn't up for it! A few gardens along, at the other opening blocked off with trellis fencing and rubbish everywhere, a woman must have spotted our lights behind her fence and starting shouting at us 'kids' to get out because it's dangerous. We ignored her and continued. The mine is certainly in a bad state, roof is well dodgy and water ingress causing all sorts of problems, but not quite as bad as Facit.