real time web analytics
Report - - Sefton Street Buildings - Liverpool feb 2010 - | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sefton Street Buildings - Liverpool feb 2010 -

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

georgie

He Never Even Got There
28DL Full Member
on the corner of hill street next to james troop lies this building i aint got a clue what it was used for im assuming some industrial purpose

some work has been going on inside new plaster board and partition walls however part of the building seems to have collapsed

the best part of this mooch was the cellar a lovely arched brick thing with old light fittings still intact which brought the rather dull explore back to life

the upper 3 floors were quite stripped of all what used to be there but sported a nice solid wood floor

there was also another little mooch we had just a little up hill street seems to be some engineers and again couldnt find any info or documents inside as to what it used to be but ill add it in this thread to save doing another one
not much again inside just bits of old crap as per usual but found a safe in the cellar...which is always nice

if anyone knows what these places were id be very gratefull for info mainly the first building only because of the cellar ......the engineers was prob just a car garage but the height from floor to roof tells me it wasnt just cars (if they did) they dealt with....could be wrong...

think it was something to do with narrow boats

explored with the cat

on with the pics......

DSCF8703.jpg

DSCF8652.jpg

the door on the right was a sliding fridge like door?
DSCF8675.jpg

which led to this ...some sort of office
DSCF8677.jpg

DSCF8678.jpg

DSCF8649.jpg

DSCF8657.jpg

DSCF8669.jpg

DSCF8673.jpg

DSCF8671.jpg

the rather nice cellar...
DSCF8682.jpg

DSCF8683.jpg

DSCF8684.jpg

DSCF8688.jpg

building number 2..

DSCF8701-Copy.jpg

DSCF8587-Copy.jpg

DSCF8572.jpg

DSCF8591-Copy.jpg

DSCF8594-Copy.jpg

DSCF8582.jpg

and the cellar inside this one..
DSCF8601-Copy.jpg

DSCF8600-Copy.jpg

DSCF8595-Copy.jpg

Paul hampson

28DL Member
28DL Member
Back in the late 70’s early 80’s this building was owned by a company called aura vent and Westwood pipe work services.
the venting company did venting for local factories and the pipe work company did light medium engineering, pipework and tanks.
The offices on the right had a reception room and then accounts admin office.
Upstairs were the directors offices
Another celler entrance was situated behind the reception room and went under the left hand side of the building. It was a little over 6 foot high, had rings in the wall at head height if sitting and a tide line.
When Sefton street was being upgraded in 1981 a digger found an extension to the cellar running across Sefton street. This was promptly filled…. You can still make out some flaws in the road surface.
The building on the left had a small workshop and a much bigger one behind that connected to the entrance in hill street.
Upstairs were workshops. I worked on the 2 nd floor.
I was employed to make and sell pipe clips and u bolts.
the owner of the company at the time disagreed in the your opportunity scheme at the time and paid double the wage and had you working with time served emolotlyees when required and selling / making stuff when not.
I learnt that metal was not when it was black and when it was not it was sloppy. I also learnt that I could sell.
I was made redundant and eventually got a job down south. Got on my bike as tennis said.
The lads that worked there were all local and 2 or 3 from Carl gardens.
One of the directors was a guy called Gerry McGrath who lived Wallasey.
he was a family freind and a true gentleman