real time web analytics
Report - - Severalls Hospital, Colchester - Jan 2012 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Severalls Hospital, Colchester - Jan 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Well I finally managed to drag my arse up here and take a look at the place. I've been meaning to do this for years, so when Raptor Jesus and me were contemplating how to fill what would otherwise have been a fairly boring Sunday, a text from Kent Urbex asking if I knew what the state of play was at Severalls spawned a plan.

Roll forwards to the next day and there we were poised to do battle with the infamous severalls fence - made all the more difficult because I'd forgotten to pack the straps normally used for such occurances. Never mind, we found a few helpful items lying around to assist us, and before we knew it we were over and inside.

There have been recent developments here, most of the trees and vegitation have been cleared from around the perimeter and there's now 2 fences round a majority of the site.

Thanks to Dubbed Navigator for some hints on water tower access and for navigating us to a good spot to get in! :thumb

Severalls was, as most of you undoubtably know, a mental institution in the town of Colchester which closed in the late 90's. It's quite special in a way, as there's really not many of these asylums left now, the golden age for exploring them has long since passed and most of them have been demolished or re-developed. This will eventually be the fate of this place as well, so any of you procrastinating about a visit here, just do it and see it before it goes as you'll kick yourself if you don't! (Like I did with Cane Hill)

Visited with Raptor Jesus, Kent Urbex and for part of the day with Dubbed Navigator.

Didn't get many photos I was happy with, the place is very empty really, but I shall stick up a small selection below.

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1937.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

View from the top of the water tower
IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

Wasn't expecting to find this at the bottom, I'm sure there must have been photos posted before, but I didn't remember seeing them.
IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Maniac.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details