real time web analytics
Report - - Sheffield Crown Court - November 2011. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sheffield Crown Court - November 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Sheffield Crown Court

Ojay/Millhouse

OLD.jpg

Originally built to replace Sheffield's first Town Hall (1807-8)

Extended in 1833 and again in 1866 with the addition of the Clock Tower

By the 1890's it became to small for a Town Hall, so in 1896 it was further extended and became Sheffield Crown Court

The courts were linked to the nearby Police offices by and underground tunnel (which is now bricked up at the other end)

By 1990, the courts had moved to a new premises, the final entry in the Magistrates attendance book was 27th October 1995

Now a grade II listed building, it has also been named by the Victorian Society as one of their top ten buildings at risk

Full of a cold I decided to give drains a miss for some derp action

Inspired by the recent reports on here, we thought it might be best to pay a visit before the place is re-sealed

A quick call to Millhouse and we were on our way

We had quite a bit of waiting around, as you can imagine on a Monday afternoon before we had our 'window' of opportunity

I decided to use the Nikon for the first time today, it's gonna take me a while to get used it sorry if the pics aint that clever

One final tip, remember where you parked the fookin' car :rolleyes: :D

(We found it eventually)

To the Courts

1.jpg

Court No. 2

2.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

Millhouse made me do it

4.jpg

5.jpg

5a.jpg

6.jpg

Library

7.jpg

Clock Tower

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Behind the Bus Stop

13.jpg

Nite Time

14.jpg

15.jpg

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't think there is anything wrong with those photos mate, not bad for a first outing :thumb

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Swish! I didn't even see the library... bloody parking meters.

Nice clock towers shots, fella.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Tbh there was some real gashers which I haven't posted. The problem was too high an ISO on a lot of them which has left them grainy, mainly becuase I was being lazy and shooting hand held.

I suppose it's like anything new really, just needs time..

I will have to go back to somewhere I'm happy with the original pics and have a play about, thanks for the comments anyway, it's not often I'm persuaded away from drains but this place was deffo worth a look in :thumb

Millhouse

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff, didn't waste any time getting those pics up! (Not even looked at mine yet haha :D)

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Nice one millhouse..i do like the look of this place,,shame its all likely to be sealed up again..:)