real time web analytics
Report - - Shipton On Cherwell Cement Works - May 12 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shipton On Cherwell Cement Works - May 12

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fee

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sooooo, I know the cement works have been done crazy amount of times, but I thought it was worth updating on it's current state...

I've been to the quarry a few times over the years, all of which have been empty and quiet, with no signs of activity. So it was a bit of a surprise yesterday to see the amount of diggers clawing away at the place. The buildings and lake are still untouched - so I assume they're just still getting what's left in the ground, but there's a few unusual clues dotted around the place...

It doesn't look like anythings going anywhere (not soon at least), but stuff is definitely happening.. A few replaced ceiling panels and new-looking construction equipment floating around the old offices and silos. No rush, but if you want to go and have a mooch, I'd recommend you go sooner rather than later. Had a few close run in's with the on-site workers patrolling the site in their 4x4's, but it's still a very worthy explore.

SO ANYWAY.

Couple of pictures for you guyz, let us know if you've any idea what the future holds for Blue Circle Shipton-on-Cherwell, it would be sad to see it go so would be interested in knowing it's plans.

PinkWindows.jpg

RoundedBuilding.jpg

MothWing.jpg

SoftGreys.jpg

ToiletBox.jpg

DirtTrack.jpg

Die.jpg

Diggerzz.jpg

•​

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details