real time web analytics
Report - - Short Stop, Bury - October 2018 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Short Stop, Bury - October 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Situated on the bank of the Woodhill Brook in Bury is the outfall of this CSO.

image.png

It is only about a 5 metre walk through the square concrete outfall pipe to the overflow chamber, which is just as well as the air quality inside is pretty poor & I had to nip out a couple of times to get some breath.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Unfortunately the ladders and small platform which once gave access to the other side of the weir have been swiped, leaving only a gap in the heavilly clogged-up grille, and preventing any safe method of access to the stilling pond. This is a shame as there is more to see on the other side.

image.png

The combined sewer as seen from the top of the weir.

image.png

Outfall.

image.png

Last edited:

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting, a short and small one, but still very interesting. Have the pikeys had that grill off to nick the ladder inside presumably?

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting, a short and small one, but still very interesting. Have the pikeys had that grill off to nick the ladder inside presumably?
Possibly, it looks like they took the lock/bolt off. It easily pushes back in place though, which is how I left it.

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
thanks for the reply, and the report. Just looked up what a stilling pond is.
No probs mate, there's a few CSOs in the local area with a similar set-up. Slim Pickings is a good example of a stilling pond configuration.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No probs mate, there's a few CSOs in the local area with a similar set-up. Slim Pickings is a good example of a stilling pond configuration.

Yes, I thought I had seen a few posted on here from bury that seem like that. Are there quite a lot of CSO outfall points along the various brooks/rivers in bury then? Will have to check the EA consent to discharge list. Thanks for the reply again.

moako

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, I thought I had seen a few posted on here from bury that seem like that. Are there quite a lot of CSO outfall points along the various brooks/rivers in bury then? Will have to check the EA consent to discharge list. Thanks for the reply again.
Yeah there's a few scattered around the borough, in fact the first CSO I found was in the Radcliffe area, one of the smallest I've come across & also a stilling pond set-up:

MSRCSO.png