real time web analytics
Report - - Shredded Wheat Factory, Welwyn, December 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Shredded Wheat Factory, Welwyn, December 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KPUrbex

Banned
Banned
On in late December I decided to make a visit to the massive shredded wheat factory, joined with a good friend of mine who goes by the name ExplorerX on most websites. When we arrived there were workmen on the roof with what appeared to be welding torch of some description preparing the office for demolition. Eventually we got inside and began exploring. We made a second visit closer to Christmas as we had missed multiple areas and also wanted to climb the silos. Unfortunately in late January 2018 the majority of the site was demolished.
IMG_1213.JPG

One of the main Production halls.
IMG_1258.JPG

The second production hall.
IMG_0647.JPG

On the roof whilst the sun started to rise.
IMG_0772[1].JPG

The tracks that guided the filled boxed to the packaging hall, partially demolished.
IMG_0862[1].JPG

The main packaging and export hall, I assume, with the early morning sun coming through the windows.
IMG_1260[1].JPG

At the base of the colossal storage silos.
IMG_1384.JPG

A walkway along on of the blades of the "Saw Tooth" Roof.
Here are some other photos from the factory.
IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1206.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG

Thanks for viewing. This is one of my first posts and hope to do more.
Instagram: Korbanter.mk2

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Not seen this for a long time. Good effort for your first report, although a history of the site would make it better.

KPUrbex

Banned
Banned
Not seen this for a long time. Good effort for your first report, although a history of the site would make it better.
Thanks for the feed back. Will consider this next time. I did do a History of this site when I uploaded it to my "Unseen Structures" series on YouTube.

Zoombini

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, is anything still here, I heard about the demolition. I need to get a shot of a big empty factory room.

Z

KPUrbex

Banned
Banned
Hi, is anything still here, I heard about the demolition. I need to get a shot of a big empty factory room.

Z
The massive hall is gone. The entire eastern side of the factory is gone. The smaller production hall is there still.

KPUrbex

Banned
Banned
Can you get in easily enough?

Any photos of this smaller production hall?

The entry is either a fence climb or a security dodge. The building is now wide open as it's been demolished partially. I cannot confirm anything at all.
IMG_1379.JPG