real time web analytics
Signs indicating alarm - To go or not to go | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Signs indicating alarm - To go or not to go

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ckycky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello!

A location me and a friend have been looking at has signs in the window indicating "BEYOND THESE DOORS ARE MOTION SENSORS LINKED TO A MONITORED ALARM"

If we went in, what should we expect? Loud alarm? Police? Or could it just be a threat.

Thanks!

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Well i would say expect the unexpected thats what exploring is all about. At least they giving you a heads up. So go snap happy until something happens if nothing then you can redo with less snap happy. At least make it worth while and grab some shots lol. Good luck

Vertigo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Also whilst battery alarms are less common I always look for signs of power to the building or broken windows etc where birds could get in. I usually think we'll if there are birds in there or no power to the building its just for scare. However I once made a sharpish exit from a derp I had done before as they had a battery powered alarm system fitted between visits and a tiny little solar panel hidden away in the roof. So don't be complacent. Just because a derp wasn't alarmed before doesn't mean it won't be again.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
If you can get in then get in and see what happens. If theres PIRs that flash but no alarm sound (or even if an alarm does go off) you can always retreat to a safe distance for a few hours and keep an eye on the place. If no one shows you atleast have a fighting chance. If your unsure its also worth heading to the main entrance and checking for an alarm panel which should tell you if its working or not.

At the end of the day even if its alarmed it makes little legal difference if you can get in without breaking in.

clebby

( . Y . )
Regular User
In my experience what usually happens is a bored security guard turns up after half an hour, resets the alarm without going so much as ten feet into the building and then fucks off again. Then you can look around upstairs for another 20 minutes before setting it off again and ruining his day :p

davetolomy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
On a related note, I have explored a fair few sites with a sign warning of a guard dog. I have never seen a guard dog. As others have said keep your wits about you and you'll be alright. Sometimes signs lie.

ckycky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thought I should follow this up for fellow explorers.
This was Waterworld, York - Which did have an alarm at one point but then we noticed it could not be heard, and other signs indicated that an alarm would probably not work (an open window that would allow birds in)

We did however see alarm records indicating recent alarms and visits by security - so be careful out there! :)