real time web analytics
Report - - Silverlands Orpanage Surrey June 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Silverlands Orpanage Surrey June 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paddington bear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place has been my local nemesis for a long time as a model..But recently I've been lucky enough to pay several visits undisturbed, including finally spending a bit of time mooching in the company of another urbexer who's been a huge help, with my camera. I may not be everyone's cup of tea though as I often get hooked up and details and this has plenty outside of the spectacular staircase. However the decay in here now is heartbreaking and I didn't venture too far from the landing as I was on my own most of the time and the floors are less than safe in places.

A little bit of history from the Daily Fail just in case there's another human being out there who doesn't know the history of this place now... ;)

• Silverlands was built as a large country house in 1849 by local brewer Robert Porter in Chertsey, Surrey
  • It was rebuilt by Vice-Admiral Sir Frederick Hotham in 1820 and became the Hotham family home
  • The Actors' Orphanage, backed by Noel Coward, moved to Silverlands in 1938 and remained for 20 years
  • The property was also used as a nursing school to train staff for a local hospital and nearby asylum
  • In 2002 plans to turn the abandoned property into a clinic for paedophile were blocked by the local community
  • It has remained empty ever since and these images show how the once grand building is rotting and decaying
Every mooch here recently has been surprisingly easy recently..I just hope somebody does something soon to save this if anything can be done now.. The smashed plaster reminds me eerily of bones!

IMG_4957-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_4958-Edit-2-Exposure.jpg

IMG_4960-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_4975-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_4986-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_4999-Edit-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5014-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5016-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5017-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5018-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5021-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5022-Edit-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5027-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5031-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5057-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5065-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5078-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5120-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5139-Edit-Exposure.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg

IMG_5040-Edit-Exposure.jpg

paddington bear

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for the awesome comments!

A little update here...access comes and goes day by day and I've been lucky enough to have the odd mooch around here again but nothing serious sadly :(

Who has read this thread (Total: 232) View details