real time web analytics
Report - - Small Mental and Dependacy Hospital | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Small Mental and Dependacy Hospital

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

Rogue

This site has been abandoned for about 35 years, and was built in 1910 to help the soldiers returning from Vietnam and the Cold War. However, the site was bought later by a local facility and closed again in the 1960's. It's a great explore, and has no plans for renovating or demo. No one around cares less who goes in or not, which is cool. Let me know what you think :D

1. From the road (obviosly before the lovely snow fell).
NewImage11.jpg

2. Little closer...
NewImage10.jpg

3. Heh. Me.
NewImage8.jpg

4. Backside, where the morg entrance is/was. The morg was later all gutted :(
NewImage7.jpg

5. Not sure what these are.
NewImage5.jpg

NewImage4.jpg

NewImage3.jpg

NewImage2.jpg

9. Currently my desktop:
NewImage.jpg

10. Some of the rooms. Not much info. on this site, other than everyone saying "it's haunted! zomg don't go in there". Pff...
54230024.jpg

54230023.jpg

54230019.jpg

13. Never a fire, but this hose was dragged about the hallways. Probably hoods goofing around.
54230018.jpg

54230017.jpg

15. Love lonely chairs.
54230011.jpg

54230002.jpg

Hope you all liked them. TY :cool:

R

Rogue

Re: Small Mental and Dependacy Hospital UPDATE

I was able to find more of the hospital, on a disc I lost a couple months ago somehow. Well, looking for my Zippo I ran across it. Most of the photos here are of the mental section, and a few from the substance abuse/dependancy. There was some I took of the X-ray and darkrooms, however they turned out really aweful. Strange, I never have had trouble like that before. Some of the sections I explored are deep in the center, and pitch black. There is a General Electric X-ray machine ajacent to the OGBYN section, which dates around 1952. Tons of people have been in these sites, but no one has mistreated it, fortunatly. Only thing I took, (for research purposes) was a pamphlet and a asbestos report from November of 1986, regarding the presence of ceiling and floor tile, highly friable fibers. Anyways...here's the photos:

17. Dependancy room, most likely due to the nature of care and resources at this facility, these paitents were hooked on the heavy stuff. Prob. soldiers hooked on heroine or morphine from medics after being in Veitnam. Eerie.
NewImagep.jpg

18. Mental ward room in this one. (not in order, sorry) I noticed that the doors can only be locked from the outside. There is a hall of a couple padded cells in there somewhere. I have hunted until I was blue in face, and haven't seen it yet.
NewImageo.jpg

NewImagen.jpg

NewImagem.jpg

NewImagel.jpg

22. Feck. I got clumsy. j/k :p
NewImagek.jpg

NewImagej.jpg

24. The tape holding this up was dryrotted and hard. I lightly touched it, and some of the tape crumbled.
NewImagei.jpg

25. I like how I worked the lighting.
NewImageh.jpg

NewImageg.jpg

27. A few of the dependacy ward. I did find some old restraints and those restaining wheelchairs nearby.
NewImagee.jpg

NewImaged.jpg

NewImagec.jpg

30. Not a great one of the Gyno room.
NewImageb.jpg

NewImage-1.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the added work. Cheers!:thumb