real time web analytics
Report - - 'Snot Jerusalem, Birmingham - May 15 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - 'Snot Jerusalem, Birmingham - May 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
TheVicar and I found ourselves in a stoopy concrete box culvert which seemingly went on forever. A distant roar could be heard which compelled us to continue despite the growing ache in our backs. After what felt like an age the tunnel changed to round concrete pipe, then to brick and at last the stoop was over.

18043048772_445d98d805_b.jpg

We were in a long chamber with an overflow weir to one side, all fairly standard from initial appearances. Upon climbing stepirons set into the weir side the incoming sewer could just be seen leading in from the far wall. From hereon in every surface was covered in a jelly like fatty slime, it hung off guard rails as snotsicles.

17858672110_97bccc3f50_b.jpg

The sewer disappeared into a small pipe in a crashing of water and cloud of mist. Above this a slot in the wall granted view of a massive space. Occasionally the clang of a car on a lose manhole ripped through the chamber like thunder.

18046358525_e0a3061276_b.jpg

Rodents scurried on the rolling hills of brick benching which were adorned with greenery growing in the fertile filth left from the sewers last spill.

17425810663_368cbf9e74_c.jpg

I will not cease from stooping fight, Nor shall my torch lie idle in my hand: Till we have imaged Jerusalem, this green unpleasant Land.

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Excellent shots!
Wasn't expecting a chamber as big as that - made the stooping worthwhile :)
The jizz all over the walls and ceiling was utterly foul though.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Slimey looking mother this lot!

Some cracking pics and that brickwork could do with licking :P

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
Love the name and write up. Lol at you wearing a white jumper in a sewer. Is it covered in poo? :)

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks man, yeah jumper choice was a mistake. My bag took the brunt of it though, literally had to scrape the crap off afterwards!

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member
I was up there some years ago and decided not to drop down into the main trunk sewer as it was a raging torrent of turds. Especially not without a gas meter :eek:

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah not a nice sewer, it goes into that throttle pipe with some force, bad place to slip.

Flickr corrupted one of the photos so here it is again.

17425810663_368cbf9e74_c.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Couple of them downstream CSO's had a whiff of the local Balti house, might have seen a bit more of this lot if it wasn't for @turkey :D

bubblehead

you lost the game
28DL Full Member
Aye @Ojay this was one that you and squirrel took a quick look up and decided the stoop was too much to bother with on the day of Turkey''s crippling.

concreteJungle

28DL Regular User
Regular User
We were surprised nobody had been up when that group went through.

I had a similar moment sliding into the river trying to get up an RCP downstream, managed to stay on my feet somehow and just slowly slid in.