real time web analytics
Report - - South Crofty, Robinson's shaft | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - South Crofty, Robinson's shaft

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I dont know if there is much interest in the tin stuff due to the severe lack of replys with the threads, but this place was amazingly epic...!!

Robinsons was a very old mine which was still working up to the 1980's. Since closure it has been protected from demo, and it's fine engine hall looks to have been re-roofed. That said someone has been at the lead and the chimney looked worse for wear once above it on the headstock.

The headgear is once again in a very bad way. I almost thought we were not going to be able to climb it as the staps were VERY VERY rusty to the point where they were not fit to stand on. Spreading weight over other parts of the staircase worked and we made it to the wheels... oddly enough there are three of them, something I have never seen before.

The winding house was also amazing, although has had it's roof stripped off (:confused:) and so is not holding up to well. That aside it is very complete so it really needs covering up before it is lost!

The bathhouse (or 'dry' as they are known in the tin trade) was similar to a colliery's pit head baths, and uite complete despite petty vandalism. Complete with lamp rack, 70's safety posters and showers it was a highlight of the whole trip.

Image1-1.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0157-3.jpg

DSC_0161-3.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0183-4.jpg

DSC_0188-2.jpg

DSC_0203-1.jpg

DSC_0206-2.jpg

DSC_0209-1.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg