real time web analytics
Report - - Southam Cement Works, Warwickshire - October 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Southam Cement Works, Warwickshire - October 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Visited with Bubblehead and God.

After a week long of failed attempts of various places we set out early on a Sunday morning to cross a few more places off our list. Second of the day was the Cement Works just outside Southam. After squeltching our way through mountains of cement mud we took bets on who would go on their ass first. It was a tense few minutes, but we made it in clean.

Owned by Rugby Cement, the medium size works quarried blue lias clay, the dominant rock type for this area of Warwickshire. Cement production was halted and moved to nearby Rugby, in the late-1990s. However, quarrying at the site still continues. /wikiFACTZ

1.jpg

2.jpg

Despite being covered a fair bit over the years not alot appears to have changed. Well, other than the demolition of the settling tanks apparently, but there's seemingly no vandalism (I guess hooded rats fear for their white sneakers when they see the mud) and with all the equipment and machinery still sitting there it's a proper little gem.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Possibly the largest cement mixer I'll ever see.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I missed the guestbook in here, so whoever goes next can you sign it for me? K thx. :p

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Now, we'd all made it through on our feet for the entire explore, but moments after I took this photo, BH did the BEST falling over I've seen to date, and got a fair bit of air. Too extreme.

15.jpg

I reckon it was karma for being so obscene.