real time web analytics
Report - - Sovereign Pump House - Surrey - July 2016 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sovereign Pump House - Surrey - July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History
Not much history about this place at all which is a shame as it is a quirky little place.
The construction of the pumping house ensured that the area of the valley floor was no longer prone to flooding. The westerly arm of the river Bourne flows underground through this area to the Wandle, this is the Thames tributary.

The Explore
The shaft in this building is very deep I would estimate at least 35-40 metres and the stairs and platforms are very rusted and are falling apart, if anyone manages to find this place and wants to give it a go I would advise using climbing gear, it is a long way down so be very careful!

When you reach the bottom the water is crystal clear, you can see the base of the shaft through the water at the bottom, the pump tubes run from the top right down into the ground at the bottom of the shaft.

Part of the building was burnt out a little while back now but still some great features to check out and well worth the visit. Visited with @Porker of the night

On to the pictures:
I didn't take any external pics of the main building as it is nothing special, that and it is in a public area and we didn't want to be spotted.

2_zpssqxpwaom.jpg

10_zpscdukw220.jpg

9_zpscmwdslqt.jpg

4_zpsv1gcnjrd.jpg

3_zpsjapbtlfa.jpg

11_zpsz8fr2zgu.jpg

7. Top of the shaft
8_zpsdwh6jtx1.jpg

8. Looking up
1_zpsm6bsbvhs.jpg

9. Looking up
7_zpsc5gkmuct.jpg

10. Looking down
6_zpstenbpey1.jpg

11. Welcome to the house of urbex, admission will be £5.00 please
12_zpsw55acjjy.jpg

Cheers for stopping by :D

UrbanZ

ERROR 401
28DL Full Member
Nice pics, good little explore.

I'm from Surrey so will have to check this place out soon.

silentwalker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi mate, could you give me a text about the location of this?

Somewhere along the line I think you may have been misguided. Many people put a lot of hard work and research into their work, myself included, some places I have worked years on, I along with many other users will not hand out entrance or location info at the click of the fingers. I suggest you plonk yourself onto Google and get typing, you will find what you are looking for if you dig deep enough ;)